Chinese diesel heaters for enclosed sled trailer

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have experience heating a 26' NON insulated trailer with these units? Considering the price of these I could have 4 of them in there and still not come close to the cost of insulating the trailer. I realize it would be far more comfortable insulated but I'm not camping in it, Its just a race trailer.
Had one in my buddies 28' with holes in the floor. Kept us comfy set on 3 out of 8 or 10. This was only at -5ish though. They do work really well.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I had posted here before about my heater and how it was filling fuel line with air everytime it pumped fuel. I put new hoses on and new fuel pump and no change. Thinking if I mounted it individually so fuel tank was lower than heater then bubbles would go through burner bit by bit.
Has anyone mounted this way before and is the fuel pump strong enough to pump fuel up 8 or 10 inches?

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure your fuel line is the rigid white plastic line. The fuel pump is a pulse style pump. It will not work well if the fuel line is not rigid. My fuel tank is outside my trailer on the tongue and I am pumping the fuel 8' away and 4' up to the heater. Pump is mounted just outside the fuel tank.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure your fuel line is the rigid white plastic line. The fuel pump is a pulse style pump. It will not work well if the fuel line is not rigid. My fuel tank is outside my trailer on the tongue and I am pumping the fuel 8' away and 4' up to the heater. Pump is mounted just outside the fuel tank.
I guess this would make sense either the line would collapse or absorb all the suction pulses..

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was recommended on here to get a certain type of fuel line and I did replace it all with said line. No change

So you’re using that rigid white stuff? If so and getting air make sure you push those lines tight to the fittings inside those little black hoses. If there’s a gap in between them that will cause issues.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I first fired mine the pump was struggling to get the fuel all the way to the heater before the heater would time out and throw an error code. I used the air compressor and pressurized the fuel tank while the pump was running to get the fuel all the way to the heater. Hasn't been a problem since. I also haven't run it out of fuel yet either. I suspect if it runs out of fuel it will become an issue again.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I first fired mine the pump was struggling to get the fuel all the way to the heater before the heater would time out and throw an error code. I used the air compressor and pressurized the fuel tank while the pump was running to get the fuel all the way to the heater. Hasn't been a problem since. I also haven't run it out of fuel yet either. I suspect if it runs out of fuel it will become an issue again.
There should be a setting or a set of buttons you hold that only runs the fuel pump. You need to do this until fuel reaches the heater.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was recommended on here to get a certain type of fuel line and I did replace it all with said line. No change
Are the bubbles just forming after the fuel pump? If so, try tightening the hose clamps at the heater. I thought I had mine tight and had those little bubbles, and I cranked my clamps down tighter later on and most of the bubbles went away. Try and keep a constant uphill run of the tubing from the pump to the heater so that the bubbles all rise to the top?

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All good info. This is a self contained unit and the fuel tank is on top. I have put new clamps on all hoses and the air bubbles still form. Because the heater is on bottom it only takes about half an hour of running and the fuel line is almost all air . That's why I was wondering if I separated pieces from the stand it's in and put heater higher than fuel tank it should disperse bubbles through heater as they develop. Just my thoughts on it anyway

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike, are you on Crackbook?
Theres a great page that is dedicated to these heaters. Might be able to find the issue there.
I have a contained unit and never had that issue.

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike, are you on Crackbook?
Theres a great page that is dedicated to these heaters. Might be able to find the issue there.
I have a contained unit and never had that issue.
Great information on there. And tip and tricks for setup

Top Bottom