Chinese diesel heaters for enclosed sled trailer

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't move the fuel pump, I bought an "all in one" heater. I thought it would be an easier install being that it's in it's own cabinet, and it was pretty easy. Just mounted it on a shelf about 3' off the floor. Ran the exh and combustion intake through the floor and ran them in different directions underneath, the exh runs out the side. I didn't want it underneath as the fumes would come up through floor(not insulated). Seems to put out a lot of heat but I'm surprised you guys say it heats your sled trailers at 20 below, the thing only has one 3" heat outlet.

It will surprise you how good it works.
Mine is the all in one red suitcase also.

In 18 hours might use 1/2 the tank of diesel

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5c630e7d4b61afa2cb825903ae3c826d.jpg

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice. Mines about the same height. One problem I have is my remote won't pair. I have the blue LCD screen control, but my remote is black. I've tried all the different pairing modes and nothing. All the remote does is say "waiting", and nothing happens when I pair it the way the instructions say. I've tried the way they tell you to do the red remote and a couple of others I've found, but nothing. I can't find anything on line about pairing the black remote to the blue LCD. This is the one I bought.

Attachments

• diesel heater.jpg
    diesel heater.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 101

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are those all in one units a better way to go then all separate? I was going to mount it higher in the trailer to not use up floor space though but I can see how mounting it low would be better for hot

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are those all in one units a better way to go then all separate? I was going to mount it higher in the trailer to not use up floor space though but I can see how mounting it low would be better for hot
You could mount an all in one high, but you have to remove the tank and mount it low enough to fill.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't move the fuel pump, I bought an "all in one" heater. I thought it would be an easier install being that it's in it's own cabinet, and it was pretty easy. Just mounted it on a shelf about 3' off the floor. Ran the exh and combustion intake through the floor and ran them in different directions underneath, the exh runs out the side. I didn't want it underneath as the fumes would come up through floor(not insulated). Seems to put out a lot of heat but I'm surprised you guys say it heats your sled trailers at 20 below, the thing only has one 3" heat outlet.
gotcha, yes the suitcase style is all enclosed. makes sense. It will be fine, I think the enclosed ones are quieter from what folks have said. I piped my heat outlet towards the back so that it cycles the air around the trailer. They don't seem like much but they will put out good heat, the average outlet temps I see are about 220 Celsius on the outlet air, so its pretty warm.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it just amounts to ultimately have much room you have. The enclosed units are a bit bigger but definitely the advantage of being all in one and easier plug and play I think. If you only have a little room you can customize the "kit" style more to fit into your space.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hide them and duct them so your trailer dont look like ch!t.

Attachments

• TRAILER7.jpg
    TRAILER7.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 260
  • TRAILER9.jpg
    TRAILER9.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 314
  • TRAILER10.jpg
    TRAILER10.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 230

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone ever add a built in fuel cube inside their enclosed trailer? are there any regulations against doing that? at the moment we bring jerry cans but it would be nice to have something better

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone ever add a built in fuel cube inside their enclosed trailer? are there any regulations against doing that? at the moment we bring jerry cans but it would be nice to have something better
263EAF30-F5D2-4315-BFE3-2017E626D5B2.jpeg
F21FBBDE-8DCC-4729-9B9E-3A6EA9436620.jpeg
27524B71-FEC5-4004-B1B0-A7745513F4D7.jpeg

Built this and put on the front of my goose neck. Then put a gauge in the old filler hole. 40 litre tank.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry not a direct heater questions but is it a night and day difference insulating the bottom of your trailer when it comes to heating it or is insulating the walls and ceiling good enough?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry not a direct heater questions but is it a night and day difference insulating the bottom of your trailer when it comes to heating it or is insulating the walls and ceiling good enough?
I’d think it’s super important so the water can drain instead of freeze you floor into a rink.

And it’s the real cold days when you appreciate a heated trailer the most!

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d think it’s super important so the water can drain instead of freeze you floor into a rink.

And it’s the real cold days when you appreciate a heated trailer the most!
Is the only way to insulate a floor is with blow in insulation?

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the only way to insulate a floor is with blow in insulation?
As a cheap solution I thought about trying a couple layers of bubble wrap insulation underneath. Would be quick and cheap and removable. With spray foam the r value would be better but it would be tough to bolt anything to the floor after. Just some things I have been thinking about

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big question is what you plan to use it for. If you plan to sleep in it all winter, then yes IMO do it. If not, wellm then its kinda that, is the effort worth it to keep the heat in for a longer period? IMO - not "night and day" but it will make a noticeable difference. I found mine just held the heat a lot better once it was warm after the floor was done. Spray on insulation (can get the kits at Lowes etc) or pink foam sheets IMO. Or if you know a guy then get the commmercial spray in (obviously). Don't use the fiberglass bats or blow in - once it gets wet you will have mold and it will heavy as Fawk. Will need a cover sheet of something to keep the insulation up and protected. I recommend skinning the bottom with 1/8th or 1/16th puckboard after you've insulated, it will help create that air gap and protect your insulation (especially spray on), and seal along the seams and joists.

sledhead70

Reaction score
This has been a great thread to pour through. Many thanks to everyone as I now have so many ideas for my own trailer build! My Chinese heater can’t get here fast enough. :)

Are there advantages to ducting only the exhaust outside while leaving the intake inside? I’ve seen some seemingly duct both outside and others only the exhaust so just wondering why.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has been a great thread to pour through. Many thanks to everyone as I now have so many ideas for my own trailer build! My Chinese heater can’t get here fast enough. :)

Are there advantages to ducting only the exhaust outside while leaving the intake inside? I’ve seen some seemingly duct both outside and others only the exhaust so just wondering why.

Leave the intake inside. That why your heater is only warming the air inside the trailer and not trying to heater -20 or whatever temp is outside

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Food for thought - like Neil said, air inside is preheated so that helps the heater. If you do it this way, you (theoretically) create a negative pressure inside the trailer. This is why all heaters / furnaces in any habitated spaces require a fresh air intake for make up air. Trailers leak enough that its probably not really an issue though (but this is a caveat that you need to make your own safety sally decision) and these little heaters don't draw that much once they've idled down. I've run mine both ways, hasn't made a difference in heater operation IMO. Only thing I've noticed is that the intake will get ice build up when its really cold (like -20 and below) just where it enters the trailer (if you plumb it outside). First time it ever happened it plugged the tube (probably took all day to do it) and the heater threw a code for plugged intake. Cleaned it out and know to keep an eye on it now, but I've gotten smarter and now I just don't go riding when its that cold! LOL

Top Bottom