Chatter Creek Open for Sledding April 7th

chucker

Reaction score
Chatter Creek

Anybody been sleddin at Chatter Creek. A small group are thinking of heading that way sometime after Easter. I would like to take with someone who has been there.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chatter

I can't make it that weekend, sorry. Barry:(

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode there first day of opening last year for one day, it is 70+KM in and we started from KM6. Nice area, friendly owners and they sold gas last year. Link appears to say rode open to KM69, would be nice to take truck that far. We crossed Kimbasket basin and a small river at the low level crossing at KM 58 just past the hope creek turn off(KM55)...left turn at bottom of hill on old logging road across lakebed if water is low enough. It's worth going just to see where they drive that snowcat....across/on cornices to the peak of almost every mountain touching the bowls!!!! River crossing was open and about 100' across and way deep, I would contact owners to see what road conditions are like and if the avys are as bad as last year at KM50? for about .5KM wide. Deffinatly worth the ride in, we were supposed to go this weekend but since trip got shortened we're going to McBride. All buildings are log built by the owners,chalet is huge and I believe it has 24 rooms.

chucker

Reaction score
Chatter

Snochuk, Thanks for the information. Talking to the owners, the road is driveable with a 4 placer to KM.69, then it's 20 KM up the Chatter Creek trail to their cabin.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chucker, did you ever go to chatter creek,maybe cross the water at the low level crossing?

chucker

Reaction score
Snochuk, We are off to Chatter Creek this weekend. Will drive to Golden Friday night, then into Chatter Creek for Sat. and Sun. Coming back out on Monday. Just 2 of us going but they are full (max. 35 beds ) I will tow my 2/3place open trailer, the same trailer that survived my roll over. Will send a report when we return.

chucker

Reaction score
Chatter Creek

Went to Chatter Creek on April 21&22. Had a great time. 70 KM north of Golden on the "B" road. Road in was good for this time of year, max speed was 50 KM/hr, they plow it for the sledders in April. We pulled the 4 placer in with little problems. Parked truck and trailer at KM 70. Rode the sleds 20 KM +/- to the lodge. Accommodations were good, food was good and the staff were better. Met a film crew doing a "Warren Miller" type of movie, heli sking every peak from Whistler west. Snow was set up, so we did a lot of touring. Because of the snow conditions, you could reach two different glaciers. Guys were bringing bags of ice home. They sold premium gas at a decent price. Have already booked our spot for next year. Check out my pictures under Chatter Creek.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures. Last year we had to drive the sleds, no plowed roads. There was no bridge if that picture is at the KM55 low level crossing(background looks familiar), we had to cross the open creek. Very nice area to ride(only about 35KM cross country to Columbia Icefields), glad you had a good trip.

Top Bottom