Changed bars, Engine cutting out, help!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I changed my bars from the stock Pro Tapers to the RSI Burandt bar, so it was a little lower. Have everything installed and put back together, but now when I turn my bars all the way to the right (haven't checked the left) the engine idles up, then cuts outs flashing the check engine light. I'm guessing this is something to do with a safety sensor, or the throttle free play. What should I check on first. I looked at all the free play in all the cords, seems fine.
Thanks

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I changed my bars from the stock Pro Tapers to the RSI Burandt bar, so it was a little lower. Have everything installed and put back together, but now when I turn my bars all the way to the right (haven't checked the left) the engine idles up, then cuts outs flashing the check engine light. I'm guessing this is something to do with a safety sensor, or the throttle free play. What should I check on first. I looked at all the free play in all the cords, seems fine.
Thanks

Def throttle issue. Cable too tight? Check for loose plugin aswell

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take your throttle cable back off off the thumb lever. Start the sled. Does it idle normal again? Check cable under the rubber boot, just below the bar mount. Sometimes the cable wrap, comes out of the plastic adjustment knob. And it hidden under under the rubber. So you search and search, but never find it.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got it sorted. Backed off the throttle free play all the way. Stopped the cutting out, and still pulling 8300 rpm at lower elevation.

Sent from a Galaxy S3 far far away.

Top Bottom