Champion winches at Costco

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at the Champion 4500lb winch at Costco for $125 How bad could it be?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be real bad if it doesn't work and your by yourself stuck in no mans land.I had a Warn XT40 on my rhino and it never failed to pull me out.

crazeejames

Reaction score
I ran a champion on my RZR, it took a beating and kept going........only weak part is the "controller", find a contactor from a warn winch and wire it to a switch.............the controller on those champions is a pos...........if you ride alone lots, I would maybe pony up and get a warn, but my buddies had more trouble with their warns then I did with my 75.00 dollar costco special(on sale)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought 3 of the 2000lb champion winches at costco when they were on sale for 49.95 about 5 years ago. 2 are still working, the third one is still new in the box. certainly not a warn winch but they work pretty well, I changed out the ugly controllers for the older style rocker in/out switches from warn winches that didn't use a relay.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had an 8000lb on my truck once. worked great no complaints. i couldnt justify the 1500$ wARN version so the 300$ version got me through the odd 4x4 situation i got myself into nooo problem.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I already have a warn 2500 on the teryx which is usless unless I snatch block it and even then works too hard, I was thinking of using the warn contacts and switch for the champion and put the old winch on a reciever mount for rear. Will review it if I do it.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ran a 2500 champion on my grizz for 3 yrs and it eventually died same situation my warn quit and parts were not readily available so i seen the 2500 on sale and figured it may get me out of trouble that weekend but it kept on going and going sounded rough but never quit

Shurup

Reaction score
I'm looking at 10,000 lbs Castco Champion for my truck. Did a short research and didn't see any bad reviews on them yet.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are not all that bad. Like was said above they are growly but if using the warn contactor they last pretty good. And if buying from Costco, if you don't like it take it back!

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got it installed, using the warn contacts, wired different, in is out and vice versa will change the leads on contacts next time I have the battery out. Need to weld a plate in my warn fairlead plate to use the wider new one. will test it this weekend

Top Bottom