Chaincase backing plate adhesive?

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put glue on, supposedly it comes of easy enough with some heat. Hopefully I will never have to pull the case off again though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clearance with 7t3p drivers and 2.6 track. Plenty of room for a 3" track down the road when I turbo it :).
2e7avutu.jpg
udyqe8ut.jpg
ajepyna7.jpg
panaryse.jpg
turane3a.jpg

Last edited:

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good question, i will have to look again. It was another late night so i was in a rush to get pics and go to bed.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Lord adhesive is what polaris uses from the factory, its a 400 series adhesive (industrial). I used the commercial alternative which is the Lord fusor 110B.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pulled my chaincase out to change a seal on my 11. I'm sure happy it had no glue and will never put any on. If I was to buy a new sled I'd get the dealer to remove the glue with the deal. I've heard a few stories about guys who had hard times pulling the chaincase off . Without the glue my sled hasn't bent anything.

I don't think the new sleds would last very long without glue. they belt drive backing plate only has 2 good sized fasteners and 4 small ones. I have removed many glue parts. its super easy. I just use my little propane torch. Just heat up the backside of the part and once it gets hot enough you will hear popping and the glue will let go. I have taken out the fasteners for the belt plate, heat it up and the thing just falls off. I even use the glue on other things. I am installing two sets of the Van Amburg bulkhead braces because of bent tunnels. I am glueing the new plates on as well as rivetting.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just installed tunnel braces too, never even thought if glueing them. I should have.

Just an FYI, The local Lord adhesive rep. Said the fusor 110b has over 1000lbs of holding force. That's pretty impressive.

Top Bottom