Censorship reigns down!

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
LMAO... I had to laugh looking for a certain post this morning... I guess you aren't allowed to have an opinion on here anymore! Right, wrong or indifferent, at least I can get opinions on Snowest... honest feedback has helped me with my purchasing decisions more than once...

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah. saw the same thing. a customer of a shop in Mcbride was double billed for a beacon, the whole thread and statement are missing. with a new shop and building, we are to assume a new business outlook I guess. Although it is still same owner. Guess everything is all roses.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess that's their way of saying they were wrong. just pull the thread. seemed like one of the mods really wanted to protect a business local to them. maybe this thread will get pulled as well.

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the thread about the new sled shop in McBride... negative comments popped up from the old sled shop... posts promptly got deleted now there is no thread at all... mod censorship...

If you still don't know what we are talking about, don't worry about it... just know that what you post may be censored if you have an opinion!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The threads in question are under review currently. All the moderators were unavailable on the weekend and we need some time to review some threads. We do try to keep things clean with out any bashing and after reviewing it myself the tread was all over the place and there was stuff that should not be discussed on an open forum. We do allow opinions, sometimes we have to moderate them as they can start going south and even sometimes can affect a business in a wrong way, and we don't want to be the place that does that. Thanks for your understanding with this issue.

Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me clear the air. You were bashing a company that is not anymore. The partnership is no longer. The owner of the new shop is one of the previous owners. I think that we need to give her a chance because it maqy have been a policy of the old shop to do things a certain way and that may not be the policies of the new shop. If you have a bad experience in the new shop then it will be justified to complain and let all know.
But remember as well that this forum will not allow advertising without being paid for.
It is not censorship, just trying to keep it fair. WHY BOTHER TO BASH A COMPANY THAT IS NO LONGER SERVICING THIS INDUSTRY.
And no, none of the mod's have a stake in any of the sled shop's in this town. I'm upset that that would be mentioned without asking in public. Next time you want to know something like that ask me in PM.

Last edited:

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm upset that that would be mentioned without asking in public. Next time you want to know something like that ask me in PM.

I assume that you are referring to my post... there was no malice in the post, I was confused as to the tight content control on a "public open forum"... that is all!

bbtoys... my previous post has been edited (by myself not by a moderator)

The fact is, Denise has some serious competition in town now and right, wrong or indifferent, she HAS to shed the skin from her previous business venture in order to be successful. NOW is her time to make things right and change perceptions as perception IS reality.

FYI... I never posted anything on that last thread...

Last edited:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
The fact is, Denise has some serious competition in town now and right, wrong or indifferent, she HAS to shed the skin from her previous business venture in order to be successful. NOW is her time to make things right and change perceptions as perception IS reality.

I think this is how she is shedding her skin with a new business and a new name and starting over fresh give her a chance to redeam herself rather than dragging her through the mud BEFORE she has a chance to redeam herself. Stop in and say hi check things out maybe things have changed hopefully things are different, she has a lot on the line with a fancy new building. Like most of the businesses there they have to rely on repeat business

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assume that you are referring to my post... there was no malice in the post, I was confused as to the tight content control on a "public open forum"... that is all!

bbtoys... my previous post has been edited (by myself not by a moderator)

good point, now explain to me how that is to be accomplished when you have people as far as toronto, and every other J#ck@ss on here dragin your name through the mud, if you don't got the balls to take the risks denise and glen are to open shops in these economic times, at least have the decency to keep your mouth shut and give everyone a fighting chance, that goes for everyone, not just alberta boy, I'm sure you all did something someone didn't like at one time, and were given a second chance or weren't judge by it forever

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh hughie, calm down, you have to let the chips fall. A little explanation from both sides goes a long way, post deletes without explanations look like cover ups. Seemed like a minor incident, will not affect me in any way, as we don't ride Mcbride area. I'm not sure how to tell you, but in business there are very few free rides, and if there are any questions in your present or previous business practice you are open to public viewing. My experience shows that you earn a good name and deserve a bad one. I was interested in what the thread had to say, for now without an explanation?????

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this is how she is shedding her skin with a new business and a new name and starting over fresh give her a chance to redeam herself rather than dragging her through the mud BEFORE she has a chance to redeam herself. Stop in and say hi check things out maybe things have changed hopefully things are different, she has a lot on the line with a fancy new building. Like most of the businesses there they have to rely on repeat business

Still not sure why the mods are OK with promoting and protecting non supporting vendors. Very disrespectful to the people and companies who pay money to this board, especially a direct competitor to a vendor.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The threads in question are under review currently. All the moderators were unavailable on the weekend and we need some time to review some threads. We do try to keep things clean with out any bashing and after reviewing it myself the tread was all over the place and there was stuff that should not be discussed on an open forum. We do allow opinions, sometimes we have to moderate them as they can start going south and even sometimes can affect a business in a wrong way, and we don't want to be the place that does that. Thanks for your understanding with this issue.

yeah what he said

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good point, now explain to me how that is to be accomplished when you have people as far as toronto, and every other J#ck@ss on here dragin your name through the mud, if you don't got the balls to take the risks denise and glen are to open shops in these economic times, at least have the decency to keep your mouth shut and give everyone a fighting chance, that goes for everyone, not just alberta boy, I'm sure you all did something someone didn't like at one time, and were given a second chance or weren't judge by it forever

LMAO... u are kidding, right? Just an FYI, the ONLY place that I have spent spent my sledding trip money over the last 6 years is IN MCBRIDE! And if you care to know, I have spent a fair amount of money in Denise's old shop, Glen's new shop and now Denise's new shop...

I have never said anything bad about Denise, her shop or any of her past business deals... All I was saying is that people don't forget the issues that they experienced in the past... however, with time and consistency, those perceptions can be changed and as I said "NOW is her time"

Not sure why you have your panties in a bunch and start off with name calling hughie???... :confused:

xxx

Reaction score
LMAO... u are kidding, right? Just an FYI, the ONLY place that I have spent spent my sledding trip money over the last 6 years is IN MCBRIDE! And if you care to know, I have spent a fair amount of money in Denise's old shop, Glen's new shop and now Denise's new shop...

I have never said anything bad about Denise, her shop or any of her past business deals... All I was saying is that people don't forget the issues that they experienced in the past... however, with time and consistency, those perceptions can be changed and as I said "NOW is her time"

Not sure why you have your panties in a bunch and start off with name calling hughie???... :confused:

Calling hughie and alberta boy out behind the school house after school
You guys should get back to work before I tell your fathers.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe my post in that thread is what broke the camels back....Sorry Guys.............SBR thinks I dont play well with others..LOL

.08rider

Reaction score
I believe my post in that thread is what broke the camels back....Sorry Guys.............SBR thinks I dont play well with others..LOL

I as well snoty! I did not hold back on the old owners of RnH as their service was non-existant! their policy for rentals, BRUTAL! I beleive that all should be allowed to say their side of a story, and what better way than a public forum. If Denise wanted to she could have responded to the thread as well with her version of the story, but with the thread gone now how can she. people were able to read mine and others side, and now it has been determined by others that there will be no discusion on this public forum about that matter. With this Denise will not be able to confront us and tell us her lies about her old business practice. People do not forget, I will not forget, and people should be allowed to share their experiences on this forum so that others may make informed business choices, and support worthy helpful hardworking people like glen. Now go to work boys and get ride of this one too!

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
Here is the start of my original post. I do not think the mods should have any issues with this. It is simple economic sense. I think that BBtoys was the first mod on sight after MM9 and that he was possibly tired from all the events and also on a power trip.

---Quote (Originally by TrailCrusader)---It is possible that with 2 similar businesses in town that now neither will prosper and both will suffer and eventually one will remain. However, they will be short term benefits to the consumer. More selection, the ability to do business where the service is best etc. Us sledders/atv'ers will vote with our money and that will determine which shop remains viable for the long run. I personally had an issue with Denise some years ago. I therefore will spend my $ at glengines and will continue to do so for as long as I am satisified.---End Quote---

Top Bottom