Cattaract Creek.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself and a buddy are riding out of Etherington tomorrow. Probably gonna be there about 9:00am. Might try another stab at fording.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never been out in ab sledding.just golden/revy/nukusp areas.anyone know where to have fun incateract.wouldnt mind getting out to see if worth?

mark 403 337 1961 anytime

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never been and wondering if there,s much fun for playing jumping?if anyone wants to show or ride with give call mark 403 337 1961

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is a lot of trail riding, unless you can get over the pass into bc. i was there when neddacsac tried earlier in the year but there wasn't enough snow. could be a successful run tomorrow tho, they must of had some of the snow calgary had.
not sure when i'll be out, 9-10ish. probably just gonna spin a few laps out as i'll be riding with a passenger tomorrow. however, if the pass has been packed down, i can see myself going that way too...
carbon, you are welcome to tag along with me, but i think you'd have more fun with some of the other groups going out.
cheers, see you boys in the morning.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your there at 9 your welcome to tag along withe us carbon. I will be driving a black dodge welding truck with a trailer.
Hey Summit, we are gonna head up the pass first thing so there should be a good trail for you to follow.

jetcheker

Reaction score
For those that were at Cattaract Creek today, how are the trails and conditions? We are heading out from Red Deer in the morning, Thanks in advance

Rhoc

Reaction score
Need more snow. The pass was not really ready to go, some were up I think but there was some big hole on big hills. One more good dump would help alot.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sat.Dec.27/08.Myself,FoothillsM8,and SummitX made it over the pass. The last hill was a little scetchy but once we were on the BC side the snow got better and better. 3' in the low medow 4'-5' in the trees. Nice soft powder but still needs a base to set up a little more. Not much snow sticking to the chutes around the outside of the back bowls.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey what was scetchy about this last hill??? No snow on it? Never been that way at Cataract creek.How many miles /kms to get to the back from etherington staging area?

Thanks Darrell :beer: :beer: :beer:

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just not a lot of snow on it yet. Could use a little more coverage but it can still be done!:d I think its about 35km or so from Etherington staging area.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for breaking trail guys.Hoping to get down Sat/Sun.More snow in forecast for the area this week should help set up a base for hills.

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to head out to Cataract Creek next weekend & go over Fording Pass. Just wonder what the snow is like especially over the top. Should I take my mountain machine or short track?

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd just sell the short track and just be done with it!;) But thats just me. If you are planing on going over the top I would definitly ride the moutain track. The snow should still be good if not better on the BC side.

clintonk

Reaction score
Heading out there tomorrow morning, going to be cold but might as well try. Anyone been out lately, how is the snow? Should I go to Etherington or Cataract? I have only been out there once, and can't really remember the area. I like to play in the powder and trees, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on where to go?

clintonk

Reaction score
Thanks for the snow update, would you recommend crossing over Fording Pass? I've never been, sounds intimidating, is it a simple climb? I've ridden alot in Revy, Golden and Fernie, so I have a quite a bit of mountain experience. Just wondering if there is anything to watch out for when crossing the pass?

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don`t do the pass in less u really now the route. And avie conditions are HIGH.Be carefull.If in doubt stay on the trail system. Have fun be smart.

Top Bottom