Catarract/Etherington/Fording pass conditions 2010/2011

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will hit fording tues or wed or any day it is not snowing in calgary! Has anybody busted trail up there?

yes, see pg 7 of this thread for pics and a report.

the boys put some hard work into filling the holes on the last climb, please use with caution!!

bennito

Reaction score
Let's do wed im in! im a good rider have all the gear blah blah. White chev Black/orange 1m 900 9-10am ish? I have always staged from etherington so let me know if otherwise.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the latest update?? trails still 'fairly' smooth? how is it going over fording?

merv jennett

Reaction score
catarract on sat. dec. 18/ 2010 trails were in fact great all the way up the elkford pass to the top. the top was very wind swept snow was a little sketchy with bare spots so we turned around went back done the rest of the trails all in all it was a great day to break in a new sled.lots of family groups out there

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
bennito and myself rode today.We went over fording. I would say there isn't much new snow from when neddacsac went up.Maybe 3-4 inches. Could still kinda make out there tracks. There weren't a hole lot of tracks on the bc side.The last part of the trail was sh@t in my opinion .The last long hill up was crap getting up.I'm sure i took 2 years off my track.

I wouldnt recommend going to fording unless they get a nice dump of snow. It really is hard on the sled for what is there.We chewed the crap out of the only spot we felt safe playing in.We still had a good time and made the best of what it was.

Remember everything looks better in a picture.
:beer::beer::beer: Nice ridding with ya bennito
DSC01222.jpg

DSC01221.jpg

DSC01220.jpg

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01218.jpg

bennito

Reaction score
looks way better in your pics then it was lol. Thanks to all who broke trail in to fording that would have been skechy:)! Thanks darrell for the ride any time you want to do rev/sic give me a shout if not I will see you back at fording maybe in Feb when there is some snow.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks way better in your pics then it was lol. Thanks to all who broke trail in to fording that would have been skechy:)! Thanks darrell for the ride any time you want to do rev/sic give me a shout if not I will see you back at fording maybe in Feb when there is some snow.

Your welcome:d Thanks for the update! Merry Chistmas everyone:beer:

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
absolutely, but golden is over twice as far....:) Anyone have updates on the conditions after our snowfall the last two days?

Twice as far???? from my house in NW Calgary to Cataract its 1:50 min's and to Golden it's 2.5Hours so twice as far i dont think so unless you live in the deep south CARBON you going to Quartz. Cataract is ok for a easy ride without the trip to BC... was thinking of going over the fording pass

Top Bottom