Cataract/Etherington 2012/13

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowed 4 - 6" inches today. It was pretty thin in a lot of spots on the trails down low. We didn't go too far since it was a family day ride today with short rides and hung out at the cookhouse.
cataract creek feb 2013.jpg
This pic was taken around 10 am.

Last edited:

Redneck27

Reaction score
Hello all. New to the site. Was wondering if anyone could let me know where would be a good place for a couple intermediate guys to go sledding on Monday. I'v been to Gorman. Quarts creek and cataract creek. It's just a day trip. Would like to go to cataract creek. But the last time I was there just after Christmas and there wasn't much snow. Couldn't even make it to the bc side. Was to bare. Would it be worth going to cataract creek for the day? Just don't want to over heat my two summits. If the conditions are poor ill make the drive to Gorman for the day.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all. New to the site. Was wondering if anyone could let me know where would be a good place for a couple intermediate guys to go sledding on Monday. I'v been to Gorman. Quarts creek and cataract creek. It's just a day trip. Would like to go to cataract creek. But the last time I was there just after Christmas and there wasn't much snow. Couldn't even make it to the bc side. Was to bare. Would it be worth going to cataract creek for the day? Just don't want to over heat my two summits. If the conditions are poor ill make the drive to Gorman for the day.

I cant imagine with this weather that Cataract is worth the drive.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Try Fernie.
We always have fun down there. Conditions were good last time I was there. No monster climbs but lots of great tree riding and some open areas.

Or try Elkford. Definitely steeper stuff there.
http://elkfordtrails.com/?q=node/103

Hirmkin

Reaction score
Took the kids for what I thought would be a nice easy ride to Etherington Sunday and got a huge surprise a foot or more of snow in the parking lot.

I broke trail with the truck from the Kananaskis gate right to the staging area. The further south we went the deeper it got but I think Fallers was the best at about 2 feet of fresh.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 273
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 265

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya no chit. And here I am sitting on my arse today on a day off!! I knew I should've drove out there today.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya brother inlaw done there yesterday as well bragging all last night about snow up to the handle bars lol:rant:

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suppose to be get more throughout the whole week.Should be good Saturday....

lewishillbilly

Reaction score
[X2!!!!!!!!!QUOTE=Nitrobkr;1663710]Ya no chit. And here I am sitting on my arse today on a day off!! I knew I should've drove out there today.[/QUOTE]

bennito

Reaction score
Anybody in for fording on Thur??? call or text or PM me 403.440.9806 if I got takers.

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
860547_10151505262701508_2086308635_o.jpg

Here we are on a Vintage run - on Saturday.....plenty of snow and lots of stucks with 108 inches of 1/2 inch track!

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All slabs are now down as of sat the 4th.We were in there Yesturday and everything has come down.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a difference one day and some snow makes.Did they get much new down there with the recent storm?

Top Bottom