Catamount

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw this thread in the Golden and Area section. Thought I would bump it up, the more emails we can get out there the better. Getting Catamount re-opened would be great.

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f5/forster-catamount-closure-69716.html

[h=2]Forster/Catamount Closure[/h]
Gents,
The Windermere Valley Snowmobile Club has put in a ton of effort to have Catamount Glacier opened up to sleds for the upcoming season, from February 15th on. That also includes use of the Olive Hut. At this time there is an amendment out to grant us access to the area, however, even though back country skiers rarely use the area, they are complaining tirelessy to keep things as is and have the area permanently shutdown for sleds. I've been told if we direct our emails to aina.cernenoks@gov.bc.ca and there is enough support then they will pursue with opening the area. If you use Forster and would like to access Catamount, legally, please fire an email off to Aina on or before Oct.31, 2012. I have heard the government may lean towards keeping things as is because of the limited support from the sled community.

The proposed amendment is attached.

Thanks,

Please note the email may not work properly on smartphones.
paperclip.png
Attached Images

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to the top... Deadline for these e-mails is october 31, strength in numbers!!:beer:

just as a side note it is not often you hear about amendments to open a area.... most of the time we are writing to keep from an area getting closed.

Top Bottom