Catalytic Converters going missing

TheRedDragon

Reaction score
We did about 2 or 3 deletes off our work trucks a while back. We had the things sitting around so my mechanic was asking around about what to do with them......scrap guy said they weren't worth anything except scrap rate. So we dumped them for next to nothing. About a month ago my mechanic is talking to a a guy at a shop In town and he says he will give us like $200-$300 a piece for them. For Fox Creek. Scrap guy probably knew all along, stupid bugger.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did about 2 or 3 deletes off our work trucks a while back. We had the things sitting around so my mechanic was asking around about what to do with them......scrap guy said they weren't worth anything except scrap rate. So we dumped them for next to nothing. About a month ago my mechanic is talking to a a guy at a shop In town and he says he will give us like $200-$300 a piece for them. For Fox Creek. Scrap guy probably knew all along, stupid bugger.

he was the smart one. i'm thinkin. crooked but smart.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF is wrong with the guy buying these things? If some crack head comes in with a bunch of brand new cats with fresh sawzall marks, wouldn't that raise some questions?

you would think so, but there also is a great market for stolen sled and atv parts. cheap and no questions asked.

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got him...

[h=1]Suspect arrested in city-wide series of catalytic converter thefts[/h] For Immediate Release:22-Apr-2013 @ 3:11 PM
MRU #:13R072
EPS File #:
Edmonton police have arrested and charged a man in connection with a series of catalytic converter thefts from across the city.
At approximately 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 18, 2013, Southwest Division members followed a male suspect to a south-side auto parts recycler, in connection with a series of catalytic converter thefts.

A criminal flight ensued with both the EPS and RCMP following the suspect south and north on the QE ll Highway. The accused was eventually arrested at his residence near Whitemud Drive and 34 Street. The arrest comes on the heels of extensive investigative work involving EPS members from Tactical Section, Canine Unit, Air 1, Southwest and Southeast Patrol, West Division and the Ponoka RCMP.

Tylor Jennings, 28, is facing numerous charges including:

Possession of Stolen Property Over $5,000
– Possession of Stolen Property Under $5,000
**** Theft Under $5,000
Possession of property obtained by Crime
– Flight from Peace Officer
– Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
– Fraud under $5,000

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The amount of honest work in this province is staggering yet this douche has to steal cats? Take him behind the barn and be done with him, or at least one hand.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google his name--sounds like he was stealing around Airdre earlier this year

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my girlfriends aunt had a chunk of her exhaust go missing yesterday afternoon from the Clareview LRT parking lot yesterday. she drives a 07 dodge 2500 cummins... i thought diesels only had DFPs... and worthless in the eyes of most people haha

at least there there are a bunch of cameras on that parking lot and maybe they catch the guy

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
my girlfriends aunt had a chunk of her exhaust go missing yesterday afternoon from the clareview lrt parking lot yesterday. She drives a 07 dodge 2500 cummins... I thought diesels only had dfps... And worthless in the eyes of most people haha

at least there there are a bunch of cameras on that parking lot and maybe they catch the guy
diesels all have catalytic convertors, as well as the dpf's on the newer diesels

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they can have mine, its sittin in my driveway already removed :D
There was an add on kijjiji a while back perhaps still someone buying factory exhaust systems paying $500
keepin mine in garage till warranty's over lol

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was an add on kijjiji a while back perhaps still someone buying factory exhaust systems paying $500
keepin mine in garage till warranty's over lol

LMAO, OH chit I best be putting mine back in my garage then hahahahaha. DONT come get ppl, its locked up as of today :beer:
$500 is a lotta hot summer day beers!

Top Bottom