Catalyst Cat Chassis

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking to Jay at Solid turbo and he was u sure if the kits will be interchangeable with the engines being mounted lower. The steering set up gets in the way. So he was telling me that if anything needs to be changed it would be the airbox but everything else should directly swap over. I wonder if the silber kits come with bigger injectors. Needs quite a bit of fuel for that horsepower. With the smaller displacement engine I wonder if they would be less laggy then an 850+cc engine, turbo needs to spin less to get the air into the engine? So many variables I wanna see how it does though for sure.
The lag on this kit will be from the turbo being a bit on the larger size for the cfm a 600 can push.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The lag on this kit will be from the turbo being a bit on the larger size for the cfm a 600 can push.
Ah yeah, makes sense didn’t account for turbo being sized for the 800 instead of being sized in between the 600/800. I’d honestly be happy with a lower HP set up, with faster spool. As long as I’d keep my horsepower throughout elevation. Going from my Jaws single pipe set up from Linderman on my alpha turbos all feel super laggy.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got out on my Catalyst today. Picked it up Thursday night. Rode Golden today. ch!t snow and a lack of it but got a ride in. Was impressed with the power and handling. It’s a 146 2.6. Had a 2020 Alpha and 2019 twin rail with us. It definitely handles better than the old chassis. It doesn’t have the power of course short 200cc and about 30 horse short. But I bought it because I’m 51 and don’t need to go as fast as the 8-850 or boosts go. Just wanted a fun and easy handling sled and I think i got it. My kid has a 22 boost kahos and rode mine a fair bit and was very surprised at how well it worked as he can do the bow ties and wheelies and all that jazz on his he was able to on the Catalyst as well. I look forward to getting some more time on it. Hopefully with better snow conditions.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reading a snow Trax article today on Cat 2025 and the catalyst is coming with the 858.
Will be interesting to see it.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks reminiscent of the “clamp” fix on polaris drive shafts..

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and there's already ch!t falling off of it. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 9.21.11 PM.png

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a little connecting rod shaped chunk of metal. You can see that it's been rubbing around the perimeter of the cover too. Who knows what it's from - probably not the clutch. Perhaps they're taking an idea from doo and storing the tools by the spinny parts.
Disappointing that cat has a demo sled out with pieces rattling around in it.
Surprising that whoever was driving it didn't hear it grinding away.
Embarrassing that the camera guy with his face right there didn't notice it. Neither did the editor before they stuck it on the net.

On another note, I wonder if that big o chunk of steel will ensure it has the necessary inertia to completely obliterate everything in its path should it decide to vacate.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s part of the panel. I have a catalyst 600. It’s there so when you are on the side panell it doesn’t rub through on the clutch. Very tight tolerances. My exhaust side panel burnt through I put fire resistant silicone pads in to help. Hopefully cat gets me a new side panel. Ya right!!

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
It’s part of the panel. I have a catalyst 600. It’s there so when you are on the side panell it doesn’t rub through on the clutch. Very tight tolerances. My exhaust side panel burnt through I put fire resistant silicone pads in to help. Hopefully cat gets me a new side panel. Ya right!!
So it’s designed to rub on the clutch?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it’s designed to rub on the clutch?
Believe so. Not full time only when there’s side pressure from panels. Seems like a good solution to having narrow paneling and not costing the consumer money over aggressive riding

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes that is it exactly. It only rubs if you are right on the side.

Top Bottom