Carp Hunting 2011

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i shot my first carp with a bow and arrow tonight. What a thrill.. ended up shooting 5 more after that and one pig of a carp.

some details, about 10 years ago i had a compound bow and my grandpa bought me a real and arrow that mounted on my bow for carp hunting... went out and tried it and well the bow didnt have enough power and the arrow bounced off the carp. lol so i got pi$t and sold the bow and havent touched one sense. my dad got one giving to him from a friend, its older and kinda a POS, but hey it worked. with all the flooding going on this year around here the carp are all over the place and back in areas that are super easy to get to and they are trapped in it.. we went out tonight to my aunt and uncles place that we sand bagged just a lil over a week ago. they said lots of carp, bring bow and arrow and have fun.

so i mounted the real to my dads bow and went out to try and shoot me a carp. shot about 4 times at carp b4 i figured out where i had to aim.. after that i went 6/7 shots and shooting one big of a carp also. i am officially hooked on this sport. here are some pics.

first carp shot
DSC00422.jpg

my cousin and i with my first carp
DSC00423.jpg

scanning for the carp
DSC00425.jpg

boom gotcha... reeling it in
DSC00427.jpg

hello their number 2
DSC00428.jpg

the next one.. tired of all the blood on the dock.. decieded to walk around and pull up thru grass

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

the pig of the evening
DSC00434.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had never heard of doing that before! Looks like it has the potential to be lots of fun though! Thats my kinda fishing!

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had never heard of doing that before! Looks like it has the potential to be lots of fun though! Thats my kinda fishing!

lol... yeah its alot of fun.. im hooked..

and yeah thats my kinda fishing also... bow, arrow, and beer.. :D

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice shooting .... i have the set up but our lakes are alot hard too hunt fish, best time is in the spring just as the ice comes off

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Now that there looks like a lot of fun!! :d Nice job with the aiming and light deflection and stuff.

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that there looks like a lot of fun!! :d Nice job with the aiming and light deflection and stuff.

yeah it took a few misses to learn where i had to aim, plus i had never shot that bow b4 so it was still a learning expereince.. lol

alot of fun for sure.. i wanna go back out again tonight

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kinda takes the catch and release aspect out of it :d lol
awesome though looks like fun.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always wanted to try that, I heard they do it, or some people do it at wabamum in the shallows.

Top Bottom