Caroline - Conditions

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
MTNREV i suggest we make a trip to Scalp creek over the holidays. Maybe make it a little warmer than the last time we tried lol

Capture.JPG

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry no picture , to busy riding , snow as good , warmed up mid day snow got really packy , should make for a good base when we get more snow ,I think I ill ride around home and in the foot hill for the holiday since the snow I so god and it sounds lie the mountains need more yet , maybe head out there in the new year.

SummitX509

Reaction score
sorry no picture , to busy riding , snow as good , warmed up mid day snow got really packy , should make for a good base when we get more snow ,I think I ill ride around home and in the foot hill for the holiday since the snow I so god and it sounds lie the mountains need more yet , maybe head out there in the new year.

Thanks for the update.

I live for winter. Snow, snow, snow!!!!
2014 Summit X154
2007 Phazer MTX 154
Braaap!!!!!!

SummitX509

Reaction score
The snow here is fantastic!!! Can't wait till daylight!!

2014 Summit X154
2007 Phazer MTX 154
Braaap!!!!!!

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow here is fantastic!!! Can't wait till daylight!!

2014 Summit X154
2007 Phazer MTX 154
Braaap!!!!!!

Ya , with the snow so good around home , I decided to sled around home for the holidays with my kids and wife , I will start going to the mountains in the new year , sounds like they need more snow anyways .

SummitX509

Reaction score
Well that was a good day hammer the field on the Clearwater river. Might head to tuscker tomorrow. Seven miles flats sounds like a good place too.

Last edited:

SummitX509

Reaction score
Anyone going out west of town on boxing day? I would like to join a group if I can.

2014 Summit X154
2007 Phazer MTX 154
Braaap!!!!!!

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had A great day riding around home , 2 to 3 feet of powder with no tracks 5-10 minute sled drive from home , will be out again tomorrow ,hope these conditions keep up , more snow PLEASE

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had A great day riding around home , 2 to 3 feet of powder with no tracks 5-10 minute sled drive from home , will be out again tomorrow ,hope these conditions keep up , more snow PLEASE
Did you ride the trail system from the staging area?

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, I live on the north raven river , just off wall street , north of the 54 , lots of small lakes , meadows and fields

• Thanks
Reactions: CJR

SummitX509

Reaction score
Truck is packed and sleds are loaded. Heading north in the morning. So long Caroline, it's been great!!

2014 Summit X154
2007 Phazer MTX 154
Braaap!!!!!!

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great day out in Caroline today! A little cold but with lots of untracked powder, it got warm quickly. Met up with a few guys from red deer who let me tag along. One guy tagged a stump on the way back to the staging area. Bent A-arm and a broken shock. Limped it back to his trailer. The club was out grooming when I was leaving. Great trails and signage out that way. Any additional snow from here on will make conditions really good. I'll be spending more time out that way this year. Less driving means more seat time!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 398
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 394
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 397

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple of us going to leave red deer at 9am tomorrow and ride out Caroline/ baseline way. Anyone wanting to join is more then welcome.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found much better snow today! Lots of untouched openings and clearings with waist deep at times! Spent most of the day riding untouched areas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 358
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 358
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 353

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg The only good thing about it being twenty below is the lack of competition for the fresh stuff. Snow was about 4-6" deeper then Monday when I was out last. Hopefully the staging area gets plowed again soon. Getting deep in there. I'm gonna try to get out again Monday coming before the new work year starts on Tuesday. Anyone wanting to join is more then welcome! Forecast is looking much better.

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
A friend and myself will be there Sat. I e-mailed James (guy who looks after the trails) and this was the reply I just got from him this morning.

Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:20 AM
To: 'Jason M Behr'
Subject: RE: Trail conditions

Hi, Jason;
Yes the trails are in great shape, as we got 8” of fresh on Monday.

Top Bottom