Canada Post Strike - 2018

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not a government employee and I can say for certain we didn’t take any concessions.

Sounds like you should get a government job. But then again if that was so easy everyone would have one.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not a government employee and I can say for certain we didn’t take any concessions.

Sounds like you should get a government job. But then again if that was so easy everyone would have one.

Youre the one who suggested there's usually 500 applicants , I guess everyone does want one .

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Youre the one who suggested there's usually 500 applicants , I guess everyone does want one .

It’s just a guess based on jobs I have posted the last several years. I would see 200-300 for jobs paying $25/hr. $30-40hr city jobs may even get more.

But like said if it were easy....

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s just a guess based on jobs I have posted the last several years. I would see 200-300 for jobs paying $25/hr. $30-40hr city jobs may even get more.

But like said if it were easy....

A govt job is not harder than any other job it's actually easier with far far more benifit.
You get so many applicants for govt jobs because working nonworking or remotely qualified will apply to get a golden job and willing to quit what they have.
Unemployment rate at what % ????
They only difficult part is getting in.
If you are an AUPE or any level of full time govt employee and you tow the line you are "protected" and covered well beyond the private sector working slobs.
The biotch has guaranteed no wage or benifit concessions for govt employees - that is protection like no one else and 220,000 votes bought.

And thanks but I have a good enough job - rather not be a part of the problem.

Last edited:

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canada post to little to late... Seems to me like they are trying to pad themselves for the future as the use of canada post declines. They are relying on the use of online shopping to keep them employed. In my area you barley see a carrier anymore most of them are driving vans delivering.. So get rid of the vans and go back to old school carriers the loss of the vans and fuel will probably be cost to the cost of their increases.. Heck i have a parcel that is stuck in Ottawa for 2 weeks now with the statement when i track it that it is delayed due to weather conditions...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A govt job is not harder than any other job it's actually easier with far far more benifit.
You get so many applicants for govt jobs because working nonworking or remotely qualified will apply to get a golden job and willing to quit what they have.
Unemployment rate at what % ????
They only difficult part is getting in.
If you are an AUPE or any level of full time govt employee and you tow the line you are "protected" and covered well beyond the private sector working slobs.
The biotch has guaranteed no wage or benifit concessions for govt employees - that is protection like no one else and 220,000 votes bought.

And thanks but I have a good enough job - rather not be a part of the problem.

I wasn’t suggesting Government jobs are easy or difficult.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure I follow you? You are ok with a private company losing that kind of money at the hands of the union?

Sarcasm bud.

I wasn’t responding to you nor had I used you in reference to an example. I was responding to someone else.

You say you have lost money, who am I to argue that, and I didn’t. So.......

Read into that however you will.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would agree.
Amazon has threatened to start their own delivery.
If they pulled out Canada Post would crumble.

Hummm I have stuff sitting in ottawa as well on the same dates. Its still sitting there actually.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hummm I have stuff sitting in ottawa as well on the same dates. Its still sitting there actually.

I wonder if it’s being held up with customs if it’s an import item?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the CBSA/Customs group threatening some job action if they do not get some movement on their next agreement. They literally signed their new agreement this year and it had already expired 2 weeks prior.

http://psacunion.ca/border-services-fb-agreement-signed

Or maybe back log from Postal group? I have been receiving my items on time. All my Amazon Black Friday stuff was delivered on time, I had a Tobe order say it would be delayed when I check and it showed up a day before it was scheduled.

Top Bottom