can anyone help me out?

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i need to know if anyone knows why my 1981 yamaha enticer 340 has really crappy throttle response.( once u get goin its good but off line it takes awhile to spool up)

thanks,

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
engine seals or bad carbs. Clean the carbs (and i mean clean!!!!) and then try it also the brass settings may not be right. For an older sled a good once over is always a good thing to do. Test engine compression and the two numbers should be withing 10% and above 125psi. Check exhaust gaskets for good sealing and change the fuel and filter. Try that

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had the same problem with old sled try replacing spark plugs make sure to gap and replace spark plug covers and wire from coil ngk make a good replacement

kilowatt

Reaction score
I would also check your belt if it is worn or not riding high enought in the driven pulley it will cause major performance problems off the line,your clutches should be checked they may need to be cleaned and serviced as well

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good chance pilot jet is plugged or should say jets. Believe that is a dual carb engine is it not. All previous post would be very good to adhear to and check;)

powderpusher

Reaction score
had the same problem with my v max and also my old john deer 440 l/c spent many $ changing parts and it turned out to be the clutchs on the motor on both sleds replaced clutchs now they both go like stink

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the cltuches have never been serviced good chance thats the bulk of the problem. ;)

Top Bottom