Camping and riding in grand cache?

thepwood

Reaction score
On our way to grand cache with 38ft class A motor home hauling a 30ft enclosed an are looking for a good camping spot that we can ride from. Preferable not a campground. Any ideas?? We've never been there before.

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when i was in grande cache..we camped about 2 miles north from grande cache right under Mt Hammel...there are 2 spots just off the hiway...you cant miss them..you can then do the hammel ride to the top of the mountain and the caw ridge ride from there.i did see some areas south of grande cache where there was random camping on our way in....the hammel ride is like 1 hour to the top and the caw ridge ride took us about 6 or 7 hours to complete..the whole trip was worth it just to climb to those mountains to see the views.if you have time go white water rafting there..that was incredible!!!!

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres spots all along the hiway from 40km south of GC to about 30 kms north. theres lots of places and all are good for quading. i would recomend north of town just because you can actually access about 5 different mountains and theres some decent river fishing too. just keep your eyes open and when u see somethin you like pull in. lots of big campers everywhere. u cant miss them. and the rafting is awesome right meow! the water is moving pretty fast. but its cold as hell!

Top Bottom