Camo Extreme 156X16X 3inch paddle X 3 inch. pitch

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrong pitch on stock drivers. Sure...but swap out to 7 tooth 3.0 pitch an avoid an extended chain case.

And people do run 3.0 pitch tracks on 2.86 drivers. Its not a huge difference. But you won't fit the 3" without a driver swap.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Wrong pitch on stock drivers. Sure...but swap out to 7 tooth 3.0 pitch an avoid an extended chain case.

And people do run 3.0 pitch tracks on 2.86 drivers. Its not a huge difference. But you won't fit the 3" without a driver swap.

tru tru.. will have to change the drivers.

glad camo finally came out with a 156 x 3" track!

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tracks Canada will have some end of November or so. They Already have deposit on 4 of them.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Captain if you are considering the belt drive you might want to talk to Kevin at C3 as they have the complete extended case with belt drive . I have been running the drive for two years on a 880 and 174 and woudn't go back to chain and gears again.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks pf... Yes I talked to them last year I was going to do it to my 880. The biggest thing is do I want to spend the extra money. I havnt looked into the cost of HYVO gears and chains yet.I reserved my track at tracks Canada

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks pf... Yes I talked to them last year I was going to do it to my 880. The biggest thing is do I want to spend the extra money. I havnt looked into the cost of HYVO gears and chains yet.I reserved my track at tracks Canada

I changed out the HYVO gears and chain for the belt drive on a fellows 174X3 inch with the drop and roll as he broke the chain first trip. The fellow that he bought sled from could believe it as he had no trouble at all with it for the first 500 or so kms.
This guy that owned the sled before had bought a etec last year and installed drop and roll with HYVO and he is now changing to belt as he broke chain last year also.
You may be okay with the 156x3 inch but the longer tracks seem to have trouble.
I beleive it is the 19/45 gearing that is breaking the chain as the top gear is to small.
Good luck and hope the new sled works.
cheers

boogs

Reaction score
are these sleds going to wheelie too much with a stock skid and 3 inch track?

ridindirtym3

Reaction score
To run the 3" you would need to run 7-tooth drivers? Do you have to change your gearing or clutching to accommodate the deeper lug?

Anyone have any luck w/ the C3 belt drive system, they claim it's got a lower rotating mass of 4+, think that would offset the additional weight of a 3" track? I guess lug depth will offset the weight...haha

Like Oler says, lean way over the bars - i can't keep the skis on the snow now w/ the 880 and 2.5" camo, suspension upgrade may be required as well...

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To run the 3" you would need to run 7-tooth drivers? Do you have to change your gearing or clutching to accommodate the deeper lug?
QUOTE]

we ran one in our group all season with the 7T setup. never changed the gearing or primary, just a half turn on the shockwave helix. The slight reduction in the driver OD makes up for alot. This was on a 860 kit.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled will be a lot of fun for people who like to wheely a lot. The 163x3 is a chore to keep the skis down. Can't image what a shorter sled would be like. Fun for some, but not good for climbing.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Avid Chaincase, C3 belt drive and the sled has arrived, now just have to wait for that track! hurry up camoplast!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny, the techs from Camoplast at the sled show had no idea why people are coming up to them asking about the 3"x16x156 track... They said if something was coming into production, they were the first to know about it. As far as they know, there is no such track in production.

What do you think the deal is with that?

Top Bottom