buyers beware

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think im goona shop around but travelling all over the country seems sensless by the time traveling is payed for and you fill the oil and gas unless you are getting a smokin deal your probly in the red . ive traveled all day to buy a sled from a not so reputable dealer and it will never happen again the news is out and you shady dealers better beware cause your local sales alone will not keep the doors open
i still do not understand where the customer service is going the dealer wants to sell but they also wanna hump you and o ya they expect you to smile on your way out the door
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE : while using debit to pay for extras at DONS IN WAINRIGHT they swiped my card a bunch of times (3 or 4 )and every swipe went threw causing ovr $1800 in charges instead of 600 and change i had to fight with them to get my money back and now they are callin and wanting money back 1200 and change I AM FINISHED WITH THEM
and the nightmear continues.........:realmad::realmad::realmad::rant:

donsspeedparts

Reaction score
Jason, (or should I say Swabby)

I have been reading about all your concerns and a trouble that you have had here at Don’s Speed Parts, and would like to address them.
First of all, the oil. You need to understand that we have been in business for 29 years, and we have sold literally thousands of sleds, to thousands of people. All of these sleds were delivered with some oil in the reservoir from the factory. We have never filled up the oil tank on any of the other sleds we have sold. – And ya know what we don’t fill your truck up when you get her either! I’m sorry if you felt this wasn’t fair, but that is how we and nearly every other dealer do business. With all of the sleds that we sell, you are the only person to complain about this. We strive to be fair to everyone we deal with – regardless of how much money they spend, and it wouldn’t be fair for yours to be the only sled to come with a full tank of oil, now would it?

Second, I take the allegation of double swiping your debit card very seriously. And I would like to clear that up for everyone else. We put your card through for the 600 and change, and the DEBIT COMPANY put it through four times-we had no control over this. Then the NEXT DAY you made us aware of this issue and immediately we put the 1200ish back onto your credit card so you wouldn’t be out the money. Then the debit company told us that they were going to directly credit you the money and wouldn’t credit us for what we gave you so naturally we asked for the money back from you. We tried diligently to make you happy and get your money back as soon as possible – even though this wasn’t our fault, it was the debit company.

And as for your conversation with Don, I am sorry that you feel he has a “Chity” attitude, however he is the entire foundation to this business. He has a massive clientele that will deal ONLY with him directly because of how he treats people fairly and equally regardless of the money that are spending. Our dealership was just awarded – for the 5th time- Snowmobile Dealer of the Year for Canada, which shows that our customers are satisfied and returning. I’m sorry you won’t be one of them, as you have stated, but we would gladly deal with you again.

We deal with a lot of people over the course of a year, and our goal is to make them happy, if you are not happy with the service you received here, I apologize, this sled was sold to you back in December, your negative comments toward our dealership are not taken lighly, I hope this has addressed some of your concerns, and we can put this behind us.
Thank you
Chyna Kinghorn
General Manger
Don’s Speed Parts

Mark Grunow

Reaction score
I am one of the sales guys at Don's, and I will be the first to say that it is impossible to please every customer. We do our best to make everyone happy, but it is sometimes never enough. We have one standard of treating customers, and that is we treat all our customers the same, we treat them well. We sold 351 new Arctic Cat Snowmobiles last season, and so far we are at 337 this year, and every one of those sleds have been sold with close to the same amount of oil in them, and we offer 15% off of accessories to ALL customers who have purchased a new unit. If the customer chooses to buy some oil, we give him a break on that oil, but every customer gets the same deal. Well over 600 customers have bought new sleds here in the last two years, and lots of them were repeat customers, and the majority are happy with our service. I have personally sold units to customers, that it would not matter how much you gave them for free, it would not be enough, so this is why we give ALL our customers the same deal. I am sorry that we can not make everyone happy, but we do treat all of our customers fairly, and I personally plan on continuing to treat all my customers fairly.

My Personal 2 cents.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
thanks to representives from Dons to come on and comment. There's always different sides to everything and it's hard to know what to moderate at times. All dealers and shops can have issues and most people only post on forums if they had a bad experience, I don't see to many that have posted if they had a good one. Not to complain about the people that started or involved in this post, we are open for comment.

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my new M 1000 from Camrose Farm Equipment. I felt that they treated me top shelf. Couldn't have asked for more! Just my 2 cents worth!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my new M 1000 from Camrose Farm Equipment. I felt that they treated me top shelf. Couldn't have asked for more! Just my 2 cents worth!

i bought my sleds sight unseen from champlain nissan in moncton had them shipped out here by allied movers no complaints at all

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
Sounds like the dealership dropped the ball on an upsell. It shouldn't have been a suprise for Swabby to find low oil in his brand new machine. I dont think it would have been an issue if the sales person had plunked the oil on the counter and stated "You'll be needing these" in an upbeat tone of voice, and continued on with upselling accessories. Details are the key in customer satisfaction, and if all the machines come this way, then it should have been an automatic sell. A guy purchsing a new toy is giddy enough, you'd have sold some product, he would have felt taken care of, thus, everybody happy. His oil would have been 15% off, no harm no foul, but you rushed him out the door and here is your problem....a customer going online and venting. Slow down, anticipate a customer's needs, even if he has to fork out the cash for it.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear some from both sides , I'm sure both sides will learn from this , from experience you should try to deal at the same place all the time , you end up building a solid relationship but it does take a little bit of give and take but well worth it in the end . just my 2 cents as well .:)

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't be afraid to name the dealership (Good or Bad). That is the only way to bring about change...

Yup I second that!!!!!!!!! bought my old M1 at Uncle Bens back in 04, loved the service, even though no one new anything about Arctic Cat lol

.....can't say the same for the new Cat dealer in town :(

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whern I bought my seld lat year The oil res was not full, but I left with a $100.00 jug of oil and some other things, check the storage box you might find something other than oil.:cigar: and then you can smoke it...

Top Bottom