Burandt Ditches Cat, Joins Polaris

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris is going to need all that cash to pay for the choppers to haul those sleds off the mountains...:d

800polaris

Reaction score
Cool, that means he joins with another great backcountry rider Randy Sherman. Cant wait to see him on a polaris, seeing as how im a poilaris fan. He will most likely be riding the Assualt and the 163' Dragon. cant wait. thanks for the info:beer:

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe he Knowns something we don't know about the 800 ho, and he doest want any association with cat, just thinking!!!! just kidding ,lol

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I'm sure many of you have heard but I haven't seen posted, Christ Burandt and much of his entourage is now riding for Polaris. I personally found it to be a shock, based on how much he talked Cat's up.... However, I'm sure Polaris drove a dumptruck full of money to his house, so I don't blame him as it's the way he makes his living. He's a sick rider regardless of his whip, so I'm sure we'll see the same thrilling video segments even if his ride is a different colour now.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en...?WT.ac=SNO-10-US-HOME-MAIN-2-09_CHRIS_BURANDT

thanks for the news it's nice to hear another comes to team polaris

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WHY WOULD he doo such a thing. Well i guess you have to ride a few untill you get to the best. Ski doo all the way scube

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did he take a bad fall last year? maybe shake his marbles a little or what. I guess i'm gonna have to get the arms in shape here soon for the tenth, so i have the strenght to pull your a..... out like last year.lol

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did he take a bad fall last year? maybe shake his marbles a little or what. I guess i'm gonna have to get the arms in shape here soon for the tenth, so i have the strenght to pull your a..... out like last year.lol

better hit the gym, i know i have so that i can pull out all those xp's, see you in one month:d:beer::beer::beer:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for Polaris, snagging a name like him. They need it after the debacles of the last few (5) years.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He has for more money. he has gone for a better sled, he doesnt like the new motor. I didnt read any of this that is reliable, either from polaris or cat. Maybe he was not asked to come back, maybe cat can see something new and fresh. Maybe some younger blood sent cat a vid, that doesnt care about the $ right now and is just happy to sled. Who really cares where he went he will have new info for guys that ride polaris a plus for those. Cat will pick a new rider with his own twist on the sled, a plus for cat. Change is not always a bad thing but a time to learn new things.... six of one half a dozen of another... the sled season is never long enough:beer:

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I agree perhaps Cat had seen enough of a Him. I would believe that. Im mean really what is the usable lifespan of a freestyle rider..... with this year the xgames having a double backflip. Time for fresh blood . burandt is getting to be older and likely thinking about what his longterm plans are. Its very unlikely that in the next few years a great paying stable goverment job will come up for a guy whos only real usable skills is "riding a snowmobile real good"...lol He is likely making the right choice for the right reasons. Mid economic crisis im suprised anyone even would offer him a job. So good on him. Heck if yamaha said i had to ride there sleds and they would pay me sign me up.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard on the next Slednecks video you get to choose from the menu which sled that Burandt rides. I believe that you have Yamaha and Doo added to the roster.
That guy can make a sled go anywhere dispite which machine it is. I always enjoy watching him boondock. Good luck with Polaris, Chris. I am sure he has been reading the threads. :d:d

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I agree perhaps Cat had seen enough of a Him. I would believe that. Im mean really what is the usable lifespan of a freestyle rider..... with this year the xgames having a double backflip. Time for fresh blood . burandt is getting to be older and likely thinking about what his longterm plans are. Its very unlikely that in the next few years a great paying stable goverment job will come up for a guy whos only real usable skills is "riding a snowmobile real good"...lol He is likely making the right choice for the right reasons. Mid economic crisis im suprised anyone even would offer him a job. So good on him. Heck if yamaha said i had to ride there sleds and they would pay me sign me up.

Truth be told if all they gave was a bravo it would be the only one with a paddle track on it..lol

deathtoll

Reaction score
lol bad call on chris's part haha poolairASS the only sled that i know of that makes you pay the 12,000.00 10x over good luck chris your gonna need it

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat still has Bret Rasmussen. The guy that showed Chris all he knows. Sahen Skinner, Chris' apprentice basically is also on a cat still. I'm pretty sure Polaris just offered him a chitload of money to gain some attention for their sleds seeing as the last many years has been a disaster for the most part. That's why I'm on a Cat.

Top Bottom