building mud machine

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That thing looks INSANE The sharp axle angle looks a little scary though. No matter what though good job on a great looking build:beer::beer::beer::specool:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They beat me too it. Those are some intense axle angles. The quad looks good though.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How was the rad relocation to do?
Thanks..:beer:

krazy ken

Reaction score
Rad relocation was pretty easy, hardest part was takin out rad. The factory fan stays with rad and wiring is long enough. Steve rode today and found some deep skag holes, still gettin stuck LOL. Tires chew like a rotatiller. The high lifter springs keep it very stable, Steve was side hillin ditches with no problem and hard to keep up to. Thanks Steve for the use of Tylers Griz, as mine is in need of some TLC this winter( another Mud Machine in Yammy form)
Couple of pics from today wish there were more but had trouble with several machines today but had a good ride anyway

Attachments

• PB070438 (Medium).jpg
    PB070438 (Medium).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 335
  • PB070439 (Medium).jpg
    PB070439 (Medium).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 334

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for help today ken had a good time. bike is going to take a little getting use to but at the end of the day i had it flying pretty good. the axel angel is scary so scary that i snapped the right front on the 3 rd. hole i hit todaypulled it out and ran in 3 wheel drive and still went thur some good holes,since this was a test run before the snow hits,and the axels did not hold up i will be ordering a full set of turner axels and make a few more adjustments to the suspension,will post pitures during the rest of mods.this thing is big ,tires make the back end feel loose,lots of slidding on trail around corners.ammo boxes still tobe mounted and some winch "bling" to finish it off,then a little heat gun adjustments on the rear fenders;i think that with the qsc clutch kit i need to rock on the throttle just befor entering a mud hole and get those big tires spinning,oh well,back to the shop until spring.chit its time to get out the M-8 :d

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did you find the clutch kit? I have been having trouble with mine all year getting it right. It just seems like I lost performance with it. It's like my rpm's are really high but I have no wheel speed. Doesn't seem to have any tourque when you first get on the gas.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree not sure if i like it,not get the rpm,will email paul see if he has any suggestions or put a call into qsc.seems like i have to be hard on the throtle way befor i hit a hole,was wondering if when i pulled out the battery if the power comander v needs to be retunned,with the auto tune.even the exhaust sounded different,will do some calling around and try and figure it out polaris only have you done anything else or have any suggestions would be helpful thx

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very cool good job !!! I got to start thinkin about gettin me a quad:d:d

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree not sure if i like it,not get the rpm,will email paul see if he has any suggestions or put a call into qsc.seems like i have to be hard on the throtle way befor i hit a hole,was wondering if when i pulled out the battery if the power comander v needs to be retunned,with the auto tune.even the exhaust sounded different,will do some calling around and try and figure it out polaris only have you done anything else or have any suggestions would be helpful thx

honestly I have tried putting the stock spring in and a bunch of other stuff. I have emailed adam at qsc and he gave me a few tips but wants me to call him. i think i am going to put the stock secondary spring in it and try that. if not i am just going to put it back to stock.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honestly I have tried putting the stock spring in and a bunch of other stuff. I have emailed adam at qsc and he gave me a few tips but wants me to call him. i think i am going to put the stock secondary spring in it and try that. if not i am just going to put it back to stock.

rare you putting the whole clutch back to stock,cause i think it had a whole lot more jam before the qsc kit,will the stock clutch work well with the 32 silerbacks

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rare you putting the whole clutch back to stock,cause i think it had a whole lot more jam before the qsc kit,will the stock clutch work well with the 32 silerbacks

I think it would be ok. If you are going to try it back to stock i would put the stock secondary spring in and then the qsc helix.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it would be ok. If you are going to try it back to stock i would put the stock secondary spring in and then the qsc helix.

hi can you go to rubberdowns forum and help me figure out what springs adam is talking about,compared to the picture of the springs i posted on this web site

krazy ken

Reaction score
Found parts list in shop for clutch kit. Says its for 2010 850 XP has QSC 60 weights, Red/Green primary spring, Green/Silver secondary spring and a custum cut helix. Same kit as 2009 XP, saying on other forum that 2010 is a different kit have to wait and see what they have to say.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i believe the only difference between the 09 an 10 kit is the 10 kit comes with a helix. the springs and weights sound like the same ones i have.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
making some changes,ordered turner nitro axels,and will be put 30 inch zillas on rubberdowncustoms swamp lox rims,the 32 silverbacks are just to havey and dig to deep

Ryan14

Reaction score
I think you will be really disappointed going from backs to zillas

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from Laws to Zillas. No, they're not as hard-core a mud tire...but waaay less drag on the power of your machine.

Ryan14

Reaction score
yea i went from zillas to silverbacks and it was a world of a difference in mud

Top Bottom