Building a Website

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My gf is starting her own esthetics business.
She would like to pay someone to develop a website for her, knowing the cost in advance.
She has googled it and has came up empty.....
So if anyone can help us out, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My gf is starting her own esthetics business.
She would like to pay someone to develop a website for her, knowing the cost in advance.
She has googled it and has came up empty.....
So if anyone can help us out, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

I have had one built for our hockey rink. What I do know is that we pay a fee for our domain name and also pay for any changes needed. To set up the website cost us around $800 bucks. I also know that people have built there own websites, but I know nothing about it. Im interested in your findings because I dont think I get fair value for the website we have now and think that doing it ourselves is better.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm getting quotes for a new site for our biz, $2500-$5000... not cheap. Had our original site made for $500 from a friend...

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Our old site was expensive every time we changed anything I t cost big time my wife redid ours use square space it was easy hardest part was changing domain over but if u start a new domain it will be easy
Telus can walk you through the domain stuff
and everything is mobile friendly now
Check it out
Fox Maple Homes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Websites can be as complex or as simple as you want, there are lots of really simple to use DIY methods out there now, that all it takes is some patience, its all WYSIWYG driven, there is no need to understand the coding behind them anymore.

Doug, you could chat with ol' Shiney Top see if he will rent you some server space, if it's a simple website it won't bog the server down, and the designers for basic webpages that we have access too are quite simple to use.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mashley.ca

Awesome work and reasonable rates.

Building a custom website can turn into a money pit real quick and can also be a real pain in the butt to keep running. No need to reinvent the wheel! There's lots of DIY sites out there, but it would probably be best to go with a well established one like GoDaddy - a one stop shop for domain name, website, hosting, and support. ...they even offer a free DIY on-line store trial and web deisgn services if DIY is not your thing.

Web design: https://ca.godaddy.com/websites/web-design
On-line store trial: https://ca.godaddy.com/websites/online-store

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What you actually mean I think is to make sure that you are the registered owner of the domain and not the host - if you are the registered owner you can control the hosting and not be held hostage if you wish to move at a later date ....
keep domain name seperate from host

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What you actually mean I think is to make sure that you are the registered owner of the domain and not the host - if you are the registered owner you can control the hosting and not be held hostage if you wish to move at a later date ....

What couch says is very important, but there's other considerations as well. It's a little more work up front to go with a separate DNS provider, but it will be easier and more secure in the long run to find a separate DNS provider (which you probably already have).

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll check with my son Doug and see if he is interested in tackling that. Fresh out of University a year ago from 4 years of English and a graphics design ticket to. He may be looking for some extra cash and something to add to his portfolio?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll check with my son Doug and see if he is interested in tackling that. Fresh out of University a year ago from 4 years of English and a graphics design ticket to. He may be looking for some extra cash and something to add to his portfolio?

Graphics Design eh????????? RON! Pay attention here!

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife is a graphic designer... she will design anything from logos to business cards to forms to websites. We are located in Whitecourt if anyone is interested in getting some work done.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am interested in doing a website asap. Please forward me contact info to son and wife if they are interested.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prices can vary widely. We paid $25,000 for our redesign last year.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom