Bug?!

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK.....any body know what this ugly sucker is I found tooling around on my couch last night. I have never seen one of these before. :confused::eek:

Attachments

• WTF are you 004.jpg
    WTF are you 004.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 28

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ok.....any body know what this ugly sucker is i found tooling around on my couch last night. I have never seen one of these before. :confused::eek:

its a "coepsiltishnai scepta", latin word of course.... Version of a yellow jacket........................ Actually i have no clue, but in our house it would have had a glass placed over it. When i get home at nite, theres usually a glass or two on the floor with a spider or bug inside it. Then i have to "moosh" them and give the bug a proper burial in the toilet!

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a "coepsiltishnai scepta", latin word of course.... Version of a yellow jacket........................ Actually i have no clue, but in our house it would have had a glass placed over it. When i get home at nite, theres usually a glass or two on the floor with a spider or bug inside it. Then i have to "moosh" them and give the bug a proper burial in the toilet!

fly swatter wasnt big enough, the electronic fly swatter only stunned him, ended up using the thesarus and then he was still kicking.:mad:

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is a wood wasp,totally harmless to people,the stinger looking thing is an egg layer that can punch through bark on trees and they are atracted to dead wood

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is a wood wasp,totally harmless to people,the stinger looking thing is an egg layer that can punch through bark on trees and they are atracted to dead wood

"dead wood"..............what are you trying to say? WASPS ARE NOT MY TYPE:rolling:LOL

Yes just received that info from the U of A. it is a horntail wood wasp, they want the "speciman", didnt have the heart to tell them the fate of this bug was previously decided:rolling:

Top Bottom