Bruderheim

MudPro

Reaction score
They have closed off all quading and biking in Sturgeon County:nono:
They figure it was the quads that started the fires, or somewhere along those lines.
Anyone got imput on the situation?:mad:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
They have closed off all quading and biking in Sturgeon County:nono:
They figure it was the quads that started the fires, or somewhere along those lines.
Anyone got imput on the situation?:mad:

Too early to know what the long term reprocussions will be....Everything will be shut down short term...not sure how long a total ban can be sustained because many acreage owners in the county live on an acreage for a reason...ATV's being one of those reasons. Would not surprize me nor would I have an issue if they were to collect user fees to ride the area. The user fees could be used to help maintain the area and there will definitely be strickter enforcement....We'll have to wait and see.

I've heard rumblings but nothing confirmed....Where did you get your information

Last edited:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live at a lake area with lots of summer quadders and the summer is bad some times, not to paint any one black but same old thing some quadders wreck it for the others that obey and respect.

MudPro

Reaction score
I agree on both views,I just wish that people could stop and think,,, if I can bring my trash in ,, well hell I can take it out aswell. HUH tough one.:nono:
Wishful thinking.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Global new link....They are TEMPORARILY banning the use of ATV's in Sturgeon County......link below

I dunno why the wifes family has to all live so close together....we have 2 homes under manditory evac and one standing by.

Bogger

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just remember all stock exhausts have spark arrestors, as to most of the performance ones and if the dont come with one, it is available and should be purchased and this is a good reason, its always easy to blame a quadder than try to track down someone who through a butt out the window, or partying teenagers.

just my two cents.

a couple of my rental atvs were blamed for a grass fire a couple of yrs ago and we (the atv community) got a black eye over it. It turned out to be unfounded as our atvs were just washed and only on the trail for 1/2 hour when this happened so a quick re-inactment showed the scepticle fire chief and others this was not the case.. this is why you always need to wash your unit good after a mud day, especially around the exhaust area... I dont know about you but that way i know for sure no fire would be caused by my atvs...

T

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes to many people taking the spark arresters out because they have a Ahh that wont happen to me attitude.

glad my whitebrothers has one built into its design.

oh and skeg buildup around an exhaust can and will cause fire..

I had a buddy that let the skeg dry on his bike we fired it up for awhile and the skeg started to smoke and fall off under the bike and low and behold.. Red hot cherry's burning off the dry muskeg pieces.

if that fell off in some dry grass.. well its Good game forest.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my brute I thought I washed the pipe and everything off really good the quad was pretty much spottles. Me and a few buddys wear out bombin around stoped for a drink, and I smelled skeg so I started to look and found some embers on the pipe put glove on and wiped it away and the skeg all cought on fire... had to use a beer to put it out it was almost like it had gas on it the way it took off got it out asap but in dry grass if I would have lost some of that it could have been all bad so now I make dam sure my pipe is clean.

Top Bottom