BRP cutting production on sleds.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe an issue for you but not for most, how do you figure a turbo with 180hp at altitude with 3 years warranty isn't worth 25 k lol? these new machines are 10x the machine we had when you were paying 15k for a new one. a 60k build that has warranty and i dont have to wrench on, sounds perfect to me. Sure it would be awesome if it was 15 k but lets be realistic here the value is there for that price.

You can still buy a new car for $25k. Barely, but you can. $25k for a toy that some years doesn't get used, there is absolutely nothing related to value in that.

Manufacturers are in for a reality check. Bad part for us as consumers is this will mean less choice, it wouldn't surprise me if the next couple years forces Cat out of the market.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can still buy a new car for $25k. Barely, but you can. $25k for a toy that some years doesn't get used, there is absolutely nothing related to value in that.

Manufacturers are in for a reality check. Bad part for us as consumers is this will mean less choice, it wouldn't surprise me if the next couple years forces Cat out of the market.

there has never been a time in history that a snowmobile was a good investment. Not sure why everyone thinks now that they are 25+k that they should hold 25k in value for 15 years LMFAO. Its a recreational product

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I first worked in the industry in the mid 90's the dealer I worked at paid cash for all his inventory.....dealers don't do that nowadays, no cash flow

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless it is a honda 3 wheeler or a yamaha Bravo, those dam things never seem to lose their value. And now my great grand sons are looking at their turn riding these things that never seem to die. One pull and both are running. The rest of the recreational products value seem to fall of a cliff.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last day to snow check a 25 doo. If you want one get on it.

If they only sell 100 of them this year, that will make them pretty rare and might hold value a tiny bit better.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it funny that a lot of the folks on here that used to do mod builds back in the day and spend huge coin now feel a 180hp turbo sled from the factory with 3 yr warranty is to much. Some people have short memories. Lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it funny that a lot of the folks on here that used to do mod builds back in the day and spend huge coin now feel a 180hp turbo sled from the factory with 3 yr warranty is to much. Some people have short memories. Lol

my thoughts exactly lol. Probably couldnt pay me 25k to ride one of those old mods for a season now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat had 900 twins 1000 twins, triples 1000, 900 triples. Turbo 4 strokes. All kinds of chit.

Some one decided 800cc was the perfect size, but here we go again.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my thoughts exactly lol. Probably couldnt pay me 25k to ride one of those old mods for a season now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
We saw at Jackson all those old mountain killers got a freebie turning out halfway up the mountain. I guess the organizers didn’t think they could make it all the way.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Proofs in the pudding, low snow and the economy are contributors, but when have manufacturers ever seen this low quantity of snow checks?

Besides, who built a mod turbo to only make 180hp?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Proofs in the pudding, low snow and the economy are contributors, but when have manufacturers ever seen this low quantity of snow checks?

Besides, who built a mod turbo to only make 180hp?
Until the Yamaha turbos got to the scene probably most? Lol

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If BRP wanted to increase sled sales all they have to do is fire up the old Tundra lines, put some plastic skis on them and a stronger steering arm and they would sell thousands of these things.

Last edited:
Top Bottom