BRP cleaner on yellow T3

schiermnultra

Reaction score
For those of you who got yellow t3s for this season and like to occasionally wipe the dust off, the brp cleaner and a soft towel made the yellow pieces on the hood look like a matte finish. Very disappointing. Used this cleaner on all my sleds for the last 5 years and never had this happen. Perhaps the plastic or the finish is different on the yellow?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
For those of you who got yellow t3s for this season and like to occasionally wipe the dust off, the brp cleaner and a soft towel made the yellow pieces on the hood look like a matte finish. Very disappointing. Used this cleaner on all my sleds for the last 5 years and never had this happen. Perhaps the plastic or the finish is different on the yellow?

Rumor has it, that that is only on the early production models.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Silly question but why is there a thread regarding cleaning products on a brand new snomobile that hasn't been ridden yet? If there is one thing I have learned from working at a dealership this long.... "wiping" dust off of ANYTHING is a terrible.... terrible idea. You should be using a california duster if you insist on taking the dust off of your sled... and as far as wiping those plastic panels.... the more you do it the more you scratch it. The matte finish isnt from the cleaner its becuase you just swirl buffed the finish away. one word... foaming glass cleaner. Spraying a cleaner on dusty plastic and wiping it will destroy the finish in a heartbeat... I dont care what color it is.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C'mon man, this is a bull cop out response. The guy just said he has used this cleaner on his sled in the past without the same results. You would have to be polishing pretty hard with a lot of dust to make a matte finish. Every guy on here has wiped down their sled at one time or another with dirt or dust on it and there are still a lot of used shiny sleds out there. Could this not be something not quite right with the guys panels?
Silly question but why is there a thread regarding cleaning products on a brand new snomobile that hasn't been ridden yet? If there is one thing I have learned from working at a dealership this long.... "wiping" dust off of ANYTHING is a terrible.... terrible idea. You should be using a california duster if you insist on taking the dust off of your sled... and as far as wiping those plastic panels.... the more you do it the more you scratch it. The matte finish isnt from the cleaner its becuase you just swirl buffed the finish away. one word... foaming glass cleaner. Spraying a cleaner on dusty plastic and wiping it will destroy the finish in a heartbeat... I dont care what color it is.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fair argument, but BRP cleaner shouldn't damage BRP plastic, regardless of age. Why wouldn't a guy wanna shine up his new ride? You'd want your Vette spotless and clean before your first trip wouldn't you?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
C'mon man, this is a bull cop out response. The guy just said he has used this cleaner on his sled in the past without the same results. You would have to be polishing pretty hard with a lot of dust to make a matte finish. Every guy on here has wiped down their sled at one time or another with dirt or dust on it and there are still a lot of used shiny sleds out there. Could this not be something not quite right with the guys panels?

Everytime I post here lol... Jesus. The plastics CHANGE from year to year... But yes... you would know more about that than I would being as how you are responsible for keeping about 30 or 40 clean at a time... and looking brand new. Do whatever you what I don't care... He asked a question I gave an answer. Wipe your sled off all you want when its covered in dust and dirt It wont do anything to the finish. Sorry for the input lol. Have fun wetsanding your plastics.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Fair argument, but BRP cleaner shouldn't damage BRP plastic, regardless of age. Why wouldn't a guy wanna shine up his new ride? You'd want your Vette spotless and clean before your first trip wouldn't you?

Its not the cleaner thats wrecking the sleds man....... If I have a Vette.... and I went and got corvette chevy brand "cleaner wax" I sure as hell wouldnt rub it on when there was dust and stuff on the car. If you read on the can it says use a NON ABRASIVE cloth or towel... what do you think dust and dirt is??

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Listen you little whiner, you usually have informative and down to earth posts that I appreciate but my post was implying that this years plastic may be different or he may have a bad batch???? I don't care how many sleds you are in charge of keeping clean. All I know is mine gets covered in dust and mud in the spring trails and I wipe it down and its still shiny making me wonder if his panels are bunk. WOW
Everytime I post here lol... Jesus. The plastics CHANGE from year to year... But yes... you would know more about that than I would being as how you are responsible for keeping about 30 or 40 clean at a time... and looking brand new. Do whatever you what I don't care... He asked a question I gave an answer. Wipe your sled off all you want when its covered in dust and dirt It wont do anything to the finish. Sorry for the input lol. Have fun wetsanding your plastics.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I would ask for new panels. Brp product on brp product unacceptable

Could Try. Getting your hands on yellow plastic's before the dealerships have supply might be a tall order. But really.... You cant do anything about it. BRP has a black plastic they use on the quads and the mavericks and we actually make a point of not wiping it with anything...... I wont even touch it with the dusters becuase it leaves marks. The other machines are no different just a different color. Just becuase you cant see the swirls doesnt mean they aren't there. Im simply saying make sure your panels dont have too much crap on them when you go wiping them with anything. is it right? No... but thats the way it is.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I would ask for new panels. Brp product on brp product unacceptable

Forst is read the instructions with the cleaner. There has to be a reason it has damaged his panels, if there are no exclusions then get to your local BRP dealer with a damaged panel and the cleaner used to see what they have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I just dusted one off.... And sprayed the same stuff all over it... With no dirt or dust. Probably can't fully tell by the picture... But definitely NOT a matte finish.

Top Bottom