Breaking News 1.1.11 New RZR Released.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheaper than a commander and MUCh faster ....mmmmmmm
How much faster? How do you know? Does it matter if the body is narrow but the wheels are wide? How does this get you through the trees better? Maybe it's nice to sit in a SXS and not be touching the person beside you. I realize your very pumped up Mr Rzrgade, but yer sounding like a Polaris salesman....

BTW: MSRP on the Commander X 1000 is $17,249 CA.....lthat would be 1750 bucks cheaper than the RZR XP.....

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much faster? How do you know? Does it matter if the body is narrow but the wheels are wide? How does this get you through the trees better? Maybe it's nice to sit in a SXS and not be touching the person beside you. I realize your very pumped up Mr Rzrgade, but yer sounding like a Polaris salesman....

BTW: MSRP on the Commander X 1000 is $17,249 CA.....lthat would be 1750 bucks cheaper than the RZR XP.....

I am simply stating the facts . I realize it upsets you camam guys that there is a new machine that is much faster than yours ,you will have to live with it i guess. If you read the commander forums or talk to the highlifter guys it is about 30 % faster. Or in a 300 ft race it is 8 to 12 lengths ahead..This is coming from many sources so don`t shoot the messenger.Stay tuned as there will be video`s soon.....

When the commander came out every one had there turn pumping it up and telling us how it would mean the end of the rzr, now the shoe is on the other foot.

I take it you don`t own a s/s or you would realize going thru trees the narrower the body , the better it is .......lol As not all trails are straight once your tire is around the tree guess what you rub next , THE BODY. So i much prefer the narrower body of the RZR. As the commander body is wider than it`s wheels , it scrapes before even the tires ....nice.

As for price MSRP means nothing ,it`s out the door that counts . The price i was quoted is cheaper out the door than a commander. Have you checked freight and PDI on the Canam , i have ?

I am pumped about the new rzr no doubt , but i thought that`s what these forums are about..... You have the right to agree with me or disagree and that`s fine , however i also have the right to express my opinions with out being called a salesmen.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've owned 'em all dude (quad, not SxS)....I have no brand loyalty, and I have no intention of buying a SxS any time soon. I never said boo when the Commander came out....personally, I thought the RXR was a cooler machine. And yer right, I don't know how to maneuver a SxS through the trees....I do however know how to wait for them. You just seem to have this as yet unreleased machine all figured out...and when ya sound like a salesman, ya sound like a salesman....don't take it so hard, it's not like I accused you of embezzlement or something....

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've owned 'em all dude (quad, not SxS)....I have no brand loyalty, and I have no intention of buying a SxS any time soon. I never said boo when the Commander came out....personally, I thought the RXR was a cooler machine. And yer right, I don't know how to maneuver a SxS through the trees....I do however know how to wait for them. You just seem to have this as yet unreleased machine all figured out...and when ya sound like a salesman, ya sound like a salesman....don't take it so hard, it's not like I accused you of embezzlement or something....

Well if you owned em all ,then maybe it`s time for a s/s......lol . I can hook you up on that new "unreleased " RZR xp .!!!
Not trying to sell you anything ,but just think you should add to your collection. After all things have changed since 07....lol

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not cheaper than a Commander in Can, canada msrp $19000 base model, I looked on the US site it said 16000 US. So if you have pst and gst or hst plus freight pdi setup out the door roughly $22K, yikes. And that is a base model, what is the base Comm, like 14300 can or so, so 16700 all in? I have an rzr and love it, polaris did not build this unit for WC it is made for the dessert.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you owned em all ,then maybe it`s time for a s/s......lol . I can hook you up on that new "unreleased " RZR xp .!!!
Not trying to sell you anything ,but just think you should add to your collection. After all things have changed since 07....lol
Oh, I don''t think the ol' 07 is outdated just yet...

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not cheaper than a Commander in Can, canada msrp $19000 base model, I looked on the US site it said 16000 US. So if you have pst and gst or hst plus freight pdi setup out the door roughly $22K, yikes. And that is a base model, what is the base Comm, like 14300 can or so, so 16700 all in? I have an rzr and love it, polaris did not build this unit for WC it is made for the dessert.

See post #140.MSRP means nothing .......

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True enough, not many people pay msrp, but it is still a benchmark to go by.

I agree ;however popo msrp includes freight ,pdi,etc and with can am it is added to the msrp i have been told by local dealers....
They are both expensive ,but ultimately supply and demand will set the price...
For example msrp on a rzr S is 17499$ you can buy them for 15300$ easily now.
I think one has to consider what it would cost to add long travel to a commander as well, if you are buying purely for sport riding. Then that would be apples to apples and that is gonna run you 3 to 5 k.....IMO.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this gets beat to death but what is with the big Canadian/US price differences still? Buddy just brought up 3 mountain sleds from Utah saved 2 grand per sled. All the manufacturers do it, it would be nice to see someone take the lead and even them out with some rebates.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it`s because we keep paying it and our economy has been good compared to the US. If enough people went south to point where it hurt sales , prices would fall more inline you would think....

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
I think it`s because we keep paying it and our economy has been good compared to the US. If enough people went south to point where it hurt sales , prices would fall more inline you would think....

That works fine for some products but you will need the recall clearance letter to pass inspection. I've read that you can't get that letter from the brp dealer in the states because they get in trouble selling to the Canadian market. If you try and get that letter in Canada they nail you $500 for it. They will do what they can to keep the price inflated here.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That`s too bad i know several buddies bought RZR`s and had no trouble bringing them back across .At one BRP dealer i saw a sign saying they will not do warranty work on a U.S. machine......

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
workng at a polaris dealer and we can't do warranty on us bought machines either. when you put in the warranty claim and as soon as polaris sees its a us registered machine they deny the claim.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI; The price on the Commander xt is 17900$ plus GST (including 1200$ pdi ,frieght) in Edmonton with no reduction offered take it or leave it.

Total 18795 $

The MSRP on the rzr 900 XP is 18999 including frieght /pdi .However they will be selling them right now for 16500 $ plus gst.

Total 17325 $

Looks like the RZR 900 is about 1500 $ less

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You really have a h-on for the Commander don't ya RZR? LOL. You're not the only one who gets his dealer to drop prices. Bottom line: the new RZR appears to have more power, appears to be faster, appears to be lighter, appears to be wider and it costs MORE. Individual deals may vary from ANY dealer. I can assure you that I can find a Poo dealer that won't budge on the retail price....and i can also assure you that (if I was so inclined) I could get a BRP product for a lot less than list retail price. What's your big issue with the BRP SxS? Every second post slams something about it....maybe switch to picking on the Kawi for a while....

Last edited:
Top Bottom