boosted 09 mxz tnt 1200 triple

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't think it really matters much which sled is lighter out of the crate.because if your going turbo your probably going susp,tunnel and the rest of it.maybe not right away but eventually down the road.been there,done that and 99.9% sure i'll be doing it again.what people really should say when asked what they ride is,"well i ride a boss seat mounted on a cr tunnel,dampened by a timbersled ft susp and m10 rear susp,propelled by avid drivers and 162 challenger extreme track,controlled by cr streering post,risers,handlebars and simmons skis,and finally powered by a 350hp yammi/4-tech engine."and some other stuff i may have missed.jmo:)

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new 1200 already has a few turbo kits and it also is uder 500lbs. There is talk of a n1200 turbo not supercharger, from factory for 2010 or 2011. Also the kit makes 427hp tuned for th 1200. As for the motor, i think the motor will be awsome. I ave the same motor in my seadoo. and i have 240 hrs on my seadoo and not one problem.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
The new 1200 already has a few turbo kits and it also is uder 500lbs. There is talk of a n1200 turbo not supercharger, from factory for 2010 or 2011. Also the kit makes 427hp tuned for th 1200. As for the motor, i think the motor will be awsome. I ave the same motor in my seadoo. and i have 240 hrs on my seadoo and not one problem.
I think you have to step back from the pipe. The only kits out there are custom built kits on R&D sleds. MCX has a kit coming, but there is not one to be had at this point. The sled that was Dynoed at 427 hp was a custom built race kit running high compression with 40.00 buck a gallon race fuel. Expect about 230-250 hp with any off the shelf kit. There is no way a long tracked XR Chassis is coming at 500 lbs with a turbo bolted on it...I would say shoot for 575-600 lbs. I seen one of these motors apart on Friday, and they do look tough and have huge valves, but it will be hard to tune the cam timing with fixed gears joining the cams. We will see how long the finger followers last running alot of boost, but they will probably be ok. A single throttle body is going to have uneven a/f distribution, but will probably be adequate at lower boost levels. This is not the same motor as a watercraft...check it out for yourself.:beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
but it will be hard to tune the cam timing with fixed gears joining the cams. Beer:

are you saying the gears are part of the cams? Or are the cams chain driven, but the cams drive each other directly?? If so, then offset pins will be used like on some motorbikes and most cars to properly time the camshafts?? I'm just curious.....

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i want to build one so lets figure this out,lol
not that i want to be first agian,lol

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
are you saying the gears are part of the cams? Or are the cams chain driven, but the cams drive each other directly?? If so, then offset pins will be used like on some motorbikes and most cars to properly time the camshafts?? I'm just curious.....
Ya they could be adjusted with pins. The cams do drive each other. There should be quite a few of these sleds on the snow by early spring, but probably none making over 300 hp. I might try one next year if they look like they work. I still don't think the chassis will take well to high hp numbers. If you look at a Yamaha bulkead in comparison, you can see why there are no belt problems, chain issues, etc.

Attachments

• chop shop 002.jpg
    chop shop 002.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

sledchick855

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As NM has said, I am curious to see if the chassis can hold up with a turbo...I know yammies are a heavy machine, but those motors are tough, I have yet to hear a ton of engine problems from a yamaha motor. (But what do I know, just a girl..haha ;) ) Now if someone could make a balance between the two, let me know..;)

Top Bottom