boost vs 9r

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw on social media Poo dealer in Williams lake has 17 Boosts and 14 9Rs available because of late delivery’s if anyone needs a sled

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cycle North, the closest dealer to me, has sleds on the floor.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friends 9r is waiting on parts, so he has to ride a doo for now.

Loves the sled. But its only a month old and waiting on parts. Ignition or something like that

Last edited:

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw on social media Poo dealer in Williams lake has 17 Boosts and 14 9Rs available because of late delivery’s if anyone needs a sled
If thats the case there going to be lot more Ski Doo guys crying after they get a SPANKING!!.............could be a few cheap Skidoos for SALE......

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Head to Cycle North in PG if looking for a new Polaris sled, they have plenty on the showroom floor.
I personally suggest talking to a lady named Taya there in sales, she has been good to us when talking with her.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If thats the case there going to be lot more Ski Doo guys crying after they get a SPANKING!!.............could be a few cheap Skidoos for SALE......
Man I hope you’re right, as I’m in the market for a G5 on Sale. Unfortunately, there isn’t any spanking going on. Likely the reason the Polaris show rooms, and repair shops are full.

:skidoo:

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man I hope you’re right, as I’m in the market for a G5 on Sale. Unfortunately, there isn’t any spanking going on. Likely the reason the Polaris show rooms, and repair shops are full.

:skidoo:

Their shop didn't seem busy at all.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Their shop didn't seem busy at all.

Don't pay too much attention to snowflake, he is a max minion and trolls the Poo threads just to spread dissinformation.
Couple Poos in our group including my 22 Boost that I've modded and it still runs perfect.
They have all worked fine and the recalls are free parts and labor, not like Doo who can't even admit when they have an issue.
You'll catch on soon enough.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't pay too much attention to snowflake, he is a max minion and trolls the Poo threads just to spread dissinformation.
Couple Poos in our group including my 22 Boost that I've modded and it still runs perfect.
They have all worked fine and the recalls are free parts and labor, not like Doo who can't even admit when they have an issue.

Thanks.
I talk to riders who I see while out riding, and occasionally we ride with a group, and several different brands are present. While I ride a 2018 Cat, and its been good to me, it seems that Polaris snowmobiles are the most reliable ones out there from what I've seen.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They all have issues, and they all have strong points.
We are talking about the best sleds built that are well beyond most user abilities.
Do some research. Do a test rental before tossing out 25K if not sure.
Pick a brand that fits you and use it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
I talk to riders who I see while out riding, and occasionally we ride with a group, and several different brands are present. While I ride a 2018 Cat, and its been good to me, it seems that Polaris snowmobiles are the most reliable ones out there from what I've seen.

Lol

Did you have a blindfold on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A story of 3 2023 boosts….
1 made it 900 miles no issues but now runs on one cylinder.
1 made it 100 miles and runs on one cylinder with max Det codes
1 has been to the dealer 7 times and has under 500 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

If reliability is a major deciding factor then you're going to be best to stick to a N/A 850 of either brand.

Fact is all these engines have a finite life. 5,000km seems to a milestone few of these engines make it to these days.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Misinformation, you working on the smear deflection program? lol. I’m guessing I will be a misogynist, and a racist soon.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i wonder what they changed. other than fuel pumps it seems the 22's were pretty solid. i only have 600 miles on mine but pretty happy so far. that being said i also bought extra warranty.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have rode with two 23 models this year. When they are working they seem to work better than the 22 but both had major det issues, a variety of many other engine codes, broken primary springs, starting issues the list goes on with only one ride on them

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wonder what they changed. other than fuel pumps it seems the 22's were pretty solid. i only have 600 miles on mine but pretty happy so far. that being said i also bought extra warranty.

Leaning out the fuel map so every single one detonates.

Components on the 23 seem like they went to whoever the lowest bidder subbed them to.

Boost seems worse than the 9r this year in general but both suffer from that POS p22.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have rode with two 23 models this year. When they are working they seem to work better than the 22 but both had major det issues, a variety of many other engine codes, broken primary springs, starting issues the list goes on with only one ride on them

You should not have to add race gas to a stock sled to stop it from detonating. I know that the skidoo guys are not doing that.

Also the 23 boost comes with clutching that bogs if you push the flipper too quick (hits soft rev limiter because it is spinning the crank too fast and goes into limp mode). Try telling a guy that just picked up a brand new $27k sled at the dealer he has to change the clutching so it doesn’t bog.

Top Bottom