Boost-it or Boondocker Axys?

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I snow checked a new 163" Pro RMK Axys this year with a 2.6 track and trying to decide if I should go with a Boondocker turbo kit or Boost-it. The last four sleds I've owned I have used a Boondocker kit and with the exception of the first one (was a Dragon) have been happy with how they worked out.

My main reasons for considering a Boost-it kit are:
1) They are Canadian based and fairly close to where I live (2.5hrs)
2) The few things items I have bought from Boost it have been top notch, as well as the service
3) Have heard very little negative feed back on any of their kits
4) Slight cost advantage

The pluses for Boondocker:
1) Familiar with their kits
2) Tunnel dump exhaust
3) Cold air kit plummed to factory inlet
4) No oil tank/pump

Has anyone put many miles on a Boost-it Pro and a Boondocker Pro? Or had both running in the same group? I have never personally rode or ridden with anyone running a Boost-it system so don't have any first hand experience. In the past I have ordered my kits this time of year so I could get them early fall. Otherwise I would try to get a ride on a boost-it system before I decide. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long has Boondocker been running no oil tank?

Added- Looks like '15. Same as ECU reflash.

If Boondocker has worked for you in the past, I would see no reason to jump ship.

Last edited:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you may have answered your own question in the first 4 reasons as to why you would go with a boost it kit.

As for the Boondocker list you could always become familiar with boost it their is a ton of guys out their that would be willing to help including boost it they have even posted instructional videos online. It's just the matter of educating yourself the info is all their.

Tunnel dump exhaust isn't as great as it sounds especially on an already weak tunnel in that area. You can do a side dump or a divorced setup on a boost it

Cold air kit plumbed into factory location can be done on a boost it system as well if desired but I would recommend getting it up out of the hood on any turbo setup

No oil tank/pump - another negative not a positive...the weight savings are miniscul the pump boost it uses is tried tested and true and draws minimal voltage and just flat out works nothing to worry about their

I've personally rode with my fair share of Boondocker pros and a boost it setup on 8lbs will walk all over a docker at 12 all day long from my experience

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Aaron, I have not rode with many turbos that are as flawless as yours have been. You know your chit...........:thumbsup2:

It is interesting to see the thread but I am sure you know what to doo even though you are looking for more information. That query keeps information floating around. Good to see.

Congrats on the snow check and it will be interesting to see how the stockers perform. I know darn well your sled will be awesome. Have a great summer.

Top Bottom