boat wrap (decal)

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
so I have been looking at the idea of painting my boat for a few years now. the guy who owned it before me lived on a gravel raod and its sand blasted pretty good in spots. but after pulling her out of storage this year and looking, 99% of the damage is above the water line, with the belly of the hull in really good shape. so i'm thinking just getting a wrap put on above the water line, just a solid gray I think.

so has any one on here ever put a wrap on a boat? do they hold up alright? or would sticking well to the gelcoat be an issue?

going to do some calling here later in the week and see what I would be looking at for cost if I can find someone local to install

Last edited:

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they go for around 5g depending on graphics and such. If its just basic 3mil vinyl, it probably wouldn't be as much. But you won't have a problem with it coming off of the Gel coat. The big players do it right, and they'll warrantee it. Just don't get drunk and hit the dock... like i did..

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
drink.....on a boat.......never........:nono::rolleyes::beer:

5k sounds a bit pricey, i'm just looking for 2 pieces, strait gray, possibly with a textured/fish scale look to put on from the water line up....no graphics required, I just want to hide the faded paint and the chips and pits from the gravel road

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
3m has specific materials and inks they suggest for prolonged exposure to water. Some of the biggest boat names in the market use the 3m product to mark their boats and the graphics are on for a life time.
The cost is based on squarw footage (that includes all waste as well). Prices have dropped in half over the past 10ish years so the cost should be fairly reasonable to the decal graphics.
Install is a different issue, your going to want a qualified installer because unlike a truck / car graphic that only deal with limited access to water, any error on the installer side will result in the water lifting and then stripping the graphics off the boat when under way.
Also ask about warranty on Material, Inks & Install. They are all separate.
If you pick a stock design you should expect 1-2 weeks for delivery and if you book install at the same time it should be done soon after mfg.
If you want to be part of the design process expect as long as it takes for design and some extra costs.
I spent 17 years as a sales mgr in the graphic industry and what it boils down to is "don't" pick price, pick quality and you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone there ?????

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We wrapped dad jet boat it's holding up great went to the decal shop $1500

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a buddy that does race cars, quads, bikes, trailers etc...tell him curtis sent ya...

Kevin (780) 952-6476

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good boat/body shop might be able to wetsand and power polish gelcoat. I had done end of last year on my Enzo and it looks brand new! I have been thinking of wrap but not sure if I wanna spend the $$.

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I have been looking at the idea of painting my boat for a few years now. the guy who owned it before me lived on a gravel raod and its sand blasted pretty good in spots. but after pulling her out of storage this year and looking, 99% of the damage is above the water line, with the belly of the hull in really good shape. so i'm thinking just getting a wrap put on above the water line, just a solid gray I think.

so has any one on here ever put a wrap on a boat? do they hold up alright? or would sticking well to the gelcoat be an issue?

going to do some calling here later in the week and see what I would be looking at for cost if I can find someone local to install
Call Tyson at R&M Signs in Fort Saskatchewan. 780-998-2766

Last edited:
Top Bottom