BLUE RIVER 2023-2024

Chemical

Reaction score
Hey all, will be taking my kid sledding to Blue this weekend. I was hoping to be able to ride from the Glacier and head down to the Coulees. Does anyonw know what the trail conditions are like from the hotel? Was hoping not to have to trailer the machines one day.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all, will be taking my kid sledding to Blue this weekend. I was hoping to be able to ride from the Glacier and head down to the Coulees. Does anyonw know what the trail conditions are like from the hotel? Was hoping not to have to trailer the machines one day.
Coulees is closed due to logging.

Other zone I headed into was a bit of a rodeo as they don’t have enough snow to groom down low yet.

3-4 days of heavy rain probably didn’t help that.

You can probably get to white river from town

Chemical

Reaction score
Closed, that sucks. I was on the sled blue river website and it didnt mention anything about logging or closures. Crappy deal.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Closed, that sucks. I was on the sled blue river website and it didnt mention anything about logging or closures. Crappy deal.
1703625980395.png

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Salmon on Thursday and Friday (kinda lol).
Thursday was a great day. We started at the creek (fuel drop off). I promptly ended up in the creek with 10” of water trying to make the crossing. Hit the wall on the other side during my attempt. Pack was a bid wet. Shout out to 509 (boots) and CKX (monosuit) I was bone dry still after that. We got my sleds up and on the other side. Played in the tree for a few hours making out was up to the back side. Pulled the side hill to see if anyone broke into the back yet. No tracks seen. So our crew of 3 set in the goat trail in through the trees above the creek. Didn’t get to drop into the back zone until the sun was going down. Dropped pretty far to the back and then rode out in the pitch dark. On the way down one of the boosts had their track delaminate at about km 16. His trip was over after day one of 3. All in all a good day though. Maybe about 15-18 riders in the zone.
Friday the two of us have a late start to the day. Took a while to get up the trail as the Polaris Boost was running super hot up the trail and then the big screen went blank. Got to the single track and it was torn right up way worse then when we came down the night before. Lots of people having a tough time getting up (I’ll get to that later). Bunch of stucks and people ski pulling and flipping sleds back on their skis. Get to the first hill at the top of the single track and there’s some carnage going on. People stuck all over. Guys get tossed and bucked around. My buddy makes the pull to head up, gets bucked though a big trench most of the way up and puts it on its side. No big deal, just need to get it back on edge and go up from there. As he moves to pull it up he puts his knee into his throttle flipper and breaks it in half so he rides it down to the flat. We Jerry rig it and make the decision that we should head back out. Day is over and I have a long drive back to Stony that day. On a plus note, the groom trail above km 3 was in really good shape with the low snow conditions.

Now back to the riders having a hard time getting in. There must have been 40+ at Salmon. Saw 2-3 riders with no backpacks, tunnel bags, shovels, etc. and a ton of people without any talent trying to get in. Salmon is not a place to learn to ride. It just made me shake my head. Me and my partner waited about an hour before heading down after our throttle fix as there we still crews coming in. 2 cats were coming back down (quick drive belt issues) and they said it was a bit crazy up top. The saw a guy stuck under his sled with his buddy just staring at him not working his way up to help him. So he rode up got the sled off him shook his head at them and then kept going. I’m guessing that there was 25+ riders that shouldn’t have been trying to get into the zone. I’m not even sure how many actually made it all the was in. That’s my rant for the day.

Snow conditions. 18”-24” of pow in the trees above the creek. Always super fun in there. In the back side the snow was good from what we saw. A bit of a crust on the lakes/meadows. Would have been fun to blast through the trees and I’m sure the snow was even better. Had a great time pulling out all the way from the bottom. Snow has a bit of that sticky spring in it below the pow. Can’t wait to head back out on the next trip.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta Sledderz. The post went off the rails faster than a Polaris post around here.
Seen that. Was a bit entertaining. Thought about stirring the pot but don’t have that much energy lol.
Feel bad for the doo rider that stabbed his track at the top of the single track.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen that. Was a bit entertaining. Thought about stirring the pot but don’t have that much energy lol.
Feel bad for the doo rider that stabbed his track at the top of the single track.

I lost 6 lugs in salmon yesterday. Won’t be back until it snows quite a bit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lots of exposed rocks, stumps, and ton of tree cut offs out there.

And a few others left lug bread crumbs down the trail too.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All that big doo horsepower and track speed.

The polaris guys probably made out ok because they hook and book

Top Bottom