BLUE JEWEL / BLUE RIVER UPDATES and CONDITIONS

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Lorne, thats exactly it. You hang a left off the groundhog (GH) trail, pass by the lake and climb up that little chute. It opens to another little lake and then a bunch of cool terrain (half pipe's, tree's, bowls, etc...)

For Salmon you have to keep going on the main trail and not peel off for GH. They will have maps in town when you get there.
Caution though, Salmon is a cowboy ride......

wienerwater

Reaction score
Lorne, the cutoff to Salmon is at 22km, to the left.Around 22km, you will see a small cabin structure to your left, then follow past that and when you get to where the main trail goes downhill to the right, stay left and it climbs up from there, across a cut block on a narrow path.On that path, try not to stop on any incline, as it was straight ice under what seemed like good traction, and spinning out at times. Any approaching hill/slope, give her hell as we were spinning quite a bit until we got good snow higher up.A bit of a bumpy ride in , but lots of snow.When you get to the first main alpine clearing on your left, head across the meadow on your left, look for a good track, but be cautious of the winding creek in the meadow there.There were 2 bright orange helicopter markers on the far left corner of that clearing towards the trees at the far end of it, think that was the direction to head to for a good trail in Seen a Cat there with broken off handlebars sitting there last week-end where some poor guy hit it hard.The mountains are nice, but I would be cautious riding them because of avalanches.You then follow past the mountain there, should be tracks more to the right side, away from the mountain face and climb a chute up, again, avalanche area going through it.

lorne1176

Reaction score
Thanks Ron, we were up there earlier this year for the first time when we happened to stumble on gh-2 and and all I can say it was incredible then can't imagine how much snow is up top now! I also like the fact that (as far as I know) its not well known trail in there, a nice little secret getaway.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be very cautious in groundhog as there is alot of closed terrain. Stick to the main areas and dont ruin it for all of us!

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been in Holy Grail area this week? Just curious what its like there! Trails , hills? Thinking of heading out that way tomorrow!

Cheers!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where is that "glitter bug" come on wheres all the pics ..... laptop most have chit it self

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Patty how is that new computer?? Where are the updates? we will be there Wed. night what are conditions like?

stangstretch

Reaction score
We rode the Holy Grail on Saturday and the snow was pretty damn good. Lots of slides though and one fella was buried. His knee was a little tweaked and his sled had its hood a little remodelled. Definately lots of unstable snow.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode the Holy Grail on Saturday and the snow was pretty damn good. Lots of slides though and one fella was buried. His knee was a little tweaked and his sled had its hood a little remodelled. Definately lots of unstable snow.

Glad everyone made it home! Been to the Grail lots, name speaks for itself! Thanks for the informative update bud, we opted out after seeing a few slides at Allen Creek.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are the river crossings holding up into the Grail and north blue.???

precharge

Reaction score
Driving up from saskatchewan on the first of apirl to stay @the holly smoke how is the snow and here of rain but is this snow up top ?

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driving up from saskatchewan on the first of apirl to stay @the holly smoke how is the snow and here of rain but is this snow up top ?

Rode Salmon and Groundhog on the weekend, you have to stage about 2.5km up but it was raining at lower elevation when we left so you might be riding a little dirt occasionally. Trail was great from 6 K on. But had about 8in fresh in Salmon and 4-6in Groundhog. Not sure about any of the other areas but talk to Patti and Robin at the Holy Smoke and they'll have a good idea.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow bridges are given away in the north blue areas. I believe the season back there is done.....:(

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
HELLOOOOOO.......

I see .....

Well I am back and will be giving advice here on MY Thread.....

Thanks to all who have been posting !

I will take it from here....

soooo Blue Jewel Updates and Conditions.....

We have been getting Rain here in the Valley bottom....

YESSSSSSS That means SNOW UP TOP !!

HOTSHOTHARRY......is here and I will report as soon as He is off the Mounatin so STAY TUNED for that !....LOL

POW-WOW said there is still about 10-12 Foot base up Top !

Stay Tuned I won't leave ya......LOL

Top Bottom