Block Heater Question

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What would happen if you wired a new plug end wrong pos/neg ?

2 black wires and a green, would it really have been that much trouble to have a white wire. :rant:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As far as I know.....nothing. Your block heater just won't work! But I'm not a sparky either.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

2 black wires and a green, would it really have been that much trouble to have a white wire. :rant:
well if you didn't pop a fuse or breaker to the source it was plugged into it will surely fry what ever is wired wrong......best thing to do is rewire and check it with a meter.

dtcat

Reaction score
The wires on a block heater go to each end of a heating element so it doesn't matter just as long as the green wire goes to ground .

BIGFOOT

Reaction score

If you are wiring 110 volt block heater ..If the wires are not marked & both black, It does not matter.

Last edited:

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wires on a block heater go to each end of a heating element so it doesn't matter just as long as the green wire goes to ground .

Exactly right, I am an electrician. It's just a resistive load, so blk and wht play no part ( there is no positive/negative in AC power).

Like stated above....make sure GREEN IS GROUND

Top Bottom