Bison hunting

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on here won a special draw for Bison up around Zama? I am considering putting in for a draw up there and was wondering if anyone had any info a bout the area and the herd. Thanks.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they hang about like cattle on the last stretch into Zama. I could probably have pushed em over with my truck..but that was 2 years ago...Watch out for Horseflies and the Noralta Lodge has walls thin as paper....

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been up to Pink mountain 3 times and by far the best hunts ever in my life!!! Great meat on them

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea, Bison is good. Long drive from Hinton to Zama. I am checking with some buds to see if there is some interest in going there. Sounds like a good adventure to me.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you don't need any kind of draw or tag to hunt them in the chinchaga area, once they are across the chin river they are fair game. you just have to report to fins and feathers what you took. my buddy works at the apache plant out there at km 160, he got one a couple years ago. you can pretty much walk up to one and blast it if that's the kind of hunting you're into lol

buffalo_zpshqoxua59.jpg

buffalo2_zpsmg5onvf5.jpg

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah they're pretty tame these days...We had some licking the salt/calcium off the side of the service truck at a site like cows before...

Top Bottom