Bikers.. Where's Your Favourite Place To Camp & Ride On May Long Weekends?

Brock_Landers

Reaction score
Anywhere that has good trails and no hooligans hellbent on destruction. Sadly those kind of places are becoming harder to find on long weekends.

Brock_Landers

Reaction score
I recommend head to BC. Koocanusa or Invermere area. Amazing riding in both places and far enough away from the big cities to deter the riff raff.

Last edited:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately too far and expensive to tow a trailer out there for a little weekend trip, two days or so. I'm looking to stick to as close to the Edmonton - Calgary area as possible.

Think we might try and hit up the Rocky/Caroline area.. but we will see

Brock_Landers

Reaction score
You could alway pull the old trick, pick a place to go and then start a rumour that ASRD has shut down that particular place for the long weekend and then hope that no one else shows up haha :theCabin::bike:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately too far and expensive to tow a trailer out there for a little weekend trip, two days or so. I'm looking to stick to as close to the Edmonton - Calgary area as possible.

Think we might try and hit up the Rocky/Caroline area.. but we will see

It depends what ya want to ride. There is south fork which is were some of us from here are going. Little bit more clay mud than skeg... Good hills and trails...
Chicken trails around the big ones.

Have u ever heard of the paradise boys ( big bikers ) there's one big Friggin sand hill named after them. Ect.
Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It depends what ya want to ride. There is south fork which is were some of us from here are going. Little bit more clay mud than skeg... Good hills and trails...
Chicken trails around the big ones.

Have u ever heard of the paradise boys ( big bikers ) there's one big Friggin sand hill named after them. Ect.

Where is this particular area? I've heard of it... just don't know exact location. Random camping?

Never heard of paradise boys..

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you've ridden thru parts of it.....

Ohk so its around Rocky area then?

Tex we may have to arrange to hook up then, so I know we're with people that know the area well and the good camping spots... :)

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's off the prarie creek road. Before it turns north to the cow lake - north fork road.

It's about 15 min south of Rocky then 10 west

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's off the prarie creek road. Before it turns north to the cow lake - north fork road.

It's about 15 min south of Rocky then 10 west

Yeah I'm not familiar at all with Prairie Creek road but I'm sure I can google it...I know where Outwest RV Park is, and that's about it lol..not sure if its the same area at all? Where abouts is the best place to camp around there?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ohk so its around Rocky area then?

Tex we may have to arrange to hook up then, so I know we're with people that know the area well and the good camping spots... :)

you may need a map for tex, he justs rides around till dark and then follows the stars home. central alberta has so many places to ride, some big on muskeg, some rutted out mud holes, some more gravelly trails through the trees, which i used to dirt bike through.

if you want to get away from the clowns southfork is not the place ya want to be. it is pretty much shitshow central.

Last edited:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you may need a map for tex, he justs rides around till dark and then follows the stars home. central alberta has so many places to ride, some big on muskeg, some rutted out mud holes, some more gravelly trails through the trees, which i used to dirt bike through.

if you want to get away from the clowns southfork is not the place ya want to be. it is pretty much shitshow central.

I'm not trying to stay away from clowns, but i'm not trying to be around them either, pretty much anywhere you go on may long there is going to be people, we just want a good spot to camp and ride and everyone in my group votes for the mountains/foothills so we're trying to aim for the Rocky area, since that's where the majority of my group wants to go. But I really need some info on how to get to a decent random camping spot, where you can ride and access trails from without having to get busted on the roads, etc. What's better for camping/riding between Rocky and Caroline? etc. Help much appreciated people! I am the sole organizer of this trip, and everyone is relying on me to figure it out where we're going so any info at all as to where exactly to go around there would be extremely helpful. A Map would be even better LOL.

Brock_Landers

Reaction score
here are all the ASRD public land use zones. Most of them allow random camping but some of them dont allow OHVs. Just click on each one and see what they offer. They have good maps of the areas also.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if ya want a ch!t show, southfork, rig street, burnt timber, fallen timber, mclean creek all fit the bill. may long has just become a free for all. anywhere along the forest trunk road will be good, ya just have to know where to go, best to stay as far away from the city crowd as much as possilble, i'm thinkin they hand out stupid awards to these morons. it's as if they just got out of jail on a weekend outing. your problem is it's first come first served. be there early or you sol.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not familiar at all with Prairie Creek road but I'm sure I can google it...I know where Outwest RV Park is, and that's about it lol..not sure if its the same area at all? Where abouts is the best place to camp around there?

Don't listen to him. He's old and knows nothing.
South fork is back east and south from outwest. There is some chit shows everywhere u go May long. We just take up lots of room and keep them away somewhat.

Ya i like mud but u don't see me with azzcrack or upside down in creeks like u.
Or lost for that matter

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha, yeah yer just lookin fer parts. and ya don't see me lost. why do you insist on telling people to go down that road tex, it's way easier and all paved and faster if ya take hwy 11 west of sylvan, turn south on 22 totwp rd 380, west to rge rd 8-5 south 2 miles. i'm thinkin yer lost again.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha, yeah yer just lookin fer parts. and ya don't see me lost. why do you insist on telling people to go down that road tex, it's way easier and all paved and faster if ya take hwy 11 west of sylvan, turn south on 22 totwp rd 380, west to rge rd 8-5 south 2 miles. i'm thinkin yer lost again.

Huh that don't seem right.

Yes to high way 11 to 22 , then south to the prarie creek road, west on it to just past the 2nd bridge and turn south on the gravel road ( there is a sign that says southfork ) follow it till a Texas gate. Just past that is the start of south fork. Camping anywhere from there.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
same place, just most people in the patch use the blue signs, as they are easy to fiqure out, istead of the white horse in the corner of the field. hehe

Top Bottom