Beware Big Fines !!!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fish cum......fish cum everywhere :rolleyes:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and think of all the fish/frog poop in the water we drink. Then there are the herds of moose, deer, caribou, sheep, goats, all the birds, wolves, coyotes, foxes, rabbits (they poop a lot), and as Mikey says, the bears.

With all the protection in the Parks, the water must be the chits!!!!

Hence beaver fever.........hmmmmm...........

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spoke with ESRD about the RV dumping issue as I was curious to the law. Always thought it was illegal myself but wanted to know for sure. Here is what I was told:

Public Lands Act of Alberta - Section 54 1A - States it is prohibited to release waste material on public land.
http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Acts/P40.pdf

Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act (EPEA) - Section 178 - No person shall release waste on public land. There are two exceptions, one being into a container for the purpose of containing it and in accordance with the Forest and Prairie Protection Act. Was also referred to section 109 - Prohibited release where no approval or regulation.
http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Acts/E12.pdf

I asked about if it were treated properly and was told "what is treated properly?". I would need permission, have to obtain a permit, and it would have to meet the requirement for treatment under several other "acts".

Was mentioned that people have been fined for doing this and that as recreational users we should always be using "best practices".

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between dumping grey water or using a tub to do your dishes and dumping that on the ground?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spoke with ESRD about the RV dumping issue as I was curious to the law. Always thought it was illegal myself but wanted to know for sure. Here is what I was told:

Public Lands Act of Alberta - Section 54 1A - States it is prohibited to release waste material on public land.
http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Acts/P40.pdf

Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act (EPEA) - Section 178 - No person shall release waste on public land. There are two exceptions, one being into a container for the purpose of containing it and in accordance with the Forest and Prairie Protection Act. Was also referred to section 109 - Prohibited release where no approval or regulation.
http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Acts/E12.pdf

I asked about if it were treated properly and was told "what is treated properly?". I would need permission, have to obtain a permit, and it would have to meet the requirement for treatment under several other "acts".

Was mentioned that people have been fined for doing this and that as recreational users we should always be using "best practices".
Besides you would never see Rachel crap in the bush....just sayin....

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FFS just you the free sani-station they have all over the place.
Herds of elk for example don't eat the crap humans do and they don't crap 65 gallons in one spot.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy, easy there Pinner.
Just as note, I still fish and quad in the same areas for 35+ years now and so do my kids.
It is my observation that I speak to specifically and having the right to express my opinion does not warrant being called names. I speak from a 35+ year observation, which included oil exploitation, quadders, floods and droughts. Although my knowledge of river habitats and photo stock pics of gravel and eggs may not to be par to yours, it was not the point I was trying to make. I will assume you missed the point, so I will clarify.
Nature will recover as long it has been given a chance. By confining all ATVers on to smaller areas, being on the same trails, crossing the same rivers in the location, the area will much slower to recover. Inspite of trail management efforts, we are going to drive on dirt, grass, muskeg, mud, water, creek or river some time during our travels. Thats what makes ATVing fun. By spreading out the vehicle traffic to a larger area, there is greater likely hood that our 'footprint' will be erased....based on what I have observed. Including what Mother Nature has up her sleeve of what to do next.
This is the attitude that will close trails. Your "oil country" observations were permitted work in non fish producing habitat...your ignorance of fish producing habitat is pathetic.

There's a whole ecosystem in The rock, gravel, sand creek/riverbed, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there. What exactly do you think the fish eat? The critters the fish eat gotta eat something too...so on down the line.

The critters and fish have larvae and eggs in the riverbed that actually grow from the nutrients in the water ...you buying it yet ? Educate yourself fool !

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f153/COLT777/taimen-eggs_732_990x742_zpsyixyvb66.jpg

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beware Big Fines?
Hmmmm.......if you know what you are doing and doing it legally you don't get fined?!?!?
How about douche bags about to get what they got coming thread.

I for one think it's an excellent idea to tag a few that have CLEARLY crossed the line to get the message out.
Have 8 off road toys and every one is insured, registered and operated wthin the allowed limits of the law on crown and private land.
Not very hard to do.

Sorry but I won't be shedding a tear for anyone tagged for crossing the line.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Beware Big Fines?
Hmmmm.......if you know what you are doing and doing it legally you don't get fined?!?!?
How about douche bags about to get what they got coming thread.

I for one think it's an excellent idea to tag a few that have CLEARLY crossed the line to get the message out.
Have 8 off road toys and every one is insured, registered and operated wthin the allowed limits of the law on crown and private land.
Not very hard to do.

Sorry but I won't be shedding a tear for anyone tagged for crossing the line.

I agree.

If the consequences were high enough and enforced, instead of the "bad guys" being "educated", it would go a long way to clean up the mess. IMHO, that goes for all rule breakers.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am currently working with the RCMP and SRD on a OHV use handout.

Educational material for new and old OHV riders

Top Bottom