Best way to cadomin from Edson

Tbaz

Reaction score
Best way to cadomin from edm., pulling a trailer with 3 quads with a 1 tonne , take the 40 through Hinton south or south on the 47-40 west of Edson? Best route ?

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
Go thru Hinton then south on 40. Paved all the way to the Teck mine. Less than 10k of gravel and your in Cadomin. If your camping, some nice spots along the river on the left side, before you cross the tracks entering Cadomin.

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Nice can you ride out of camp with the quads from here.??

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice can you ride out of camp with the quads from here.??

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

What area do you want to ride in. You can camp and ride along the Cardinal River, take a different road in, through ROBB.

Sent from my Toshiba Lap Top, using Hit and Hunt.

Bruce.

Last edited:

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your destination is Cadomin or nearby, take highway 40 just west of Hinton. The trip through to Robb is OK if you take your time but is gravel from Robb on. Lots of great scenery either way.

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Dont know what is there other than what you gents talk about. It all looks good though. We want to hit the falls and cruise around for 3 days. What areas are a must?

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ruby Falls, Box Canyon, South Esk Trail, that will take you your first 3 days. So much riding to do in the area.

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Based upon that info...where would you camp, coming in on highway 40 or come in from Robb and turn right on Pembina road??,,Camp spots??
Ruby Falls, Box Canyon, South Esk Trail, that will take you your first 3 days. So much riding to do in the area.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Based upon that info...where would you camp, coming in on highway 40 or come in from Robb and turn right on Pembina road??,,Camp spots??

Yup, there will be a fork where Pembina River Road turns into Cardinal. There are places to camp there. Take the fork West towards the Ruby Falls trail head and no shortage of other places to set up camp. Keep going West (25km I think) and you should hit the Box Canyon trail head.

Here's a pin of the Cardinal River Road fork: https://goo.gl/maps/4rRW1

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We usually come in from Robb on the PRR, and camp around the Grave Flats area, lots of spots. Remember to take your garbage when you leave, last thanksgiving there was quite the junk around the camp areas.

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Brutal....take out the garbage, we want these areas to remain open. Can you possibly pinpoint the camp area?

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look on any map of the area, Grave Flats is marked, tons of random spots. You will know when your at the flats when you come to a tight switchback that sends you west towards Ruby Falls kiosk. Just have your **** ready for a long rough ride on the Pembina River Rd. Check your straps before you cross the RR tracks, then get ready for a few long pulls.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg Here is a map of the area

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always best to go after July 1 st..rivers can be high and hard to cross.. I was there on the first week of June and we couldn't cross as the rivers were very high from snow melt, but saying that you can still proberly do box canyon run. been there about 14 times now, one of my favorite places to ride, love south esk, chimney sweep trails

2009_Grizzly

Reaction score
always best to go after July 1 st..rivers can be high and hard to cross.. I was there on the first week of June and we couldn't cross as the rivers were very high from snow melt, but saying that you can still proberly do box canyon run. been there about 14 times now, one of my favorite places to ride, love south esk, chimney sweep trails
Gladerunner, I've been to graveflats numerous times and have done the usual ruby falls and south esk trails. But I'm unfamiliar with "box canyon run" and "chimney sweep trails". Could you enlighten me on these trails and where their located. Maybe I've traveled them already but was unaware of the name.

Top Bottom