Best Shop for M9000 Mods

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This summer I am looking at getting a M9000 Turbo. I want to boost the power up to about 250 -275hp. I also want to put a 174 on it. Which shop do you guys find is the most knowledgeable and best to deal with?

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Decide what brand of improvement you want to go with for HP
Every one listed is a good place to deal with for your HP gain and they are all capable of the 174 part
Will be a benefit to dealing with a dealership for a package deal on sled, parts and installation.
Save yourself a truck load of money and buy a used already built sled, can buy a modded 1100 for great prices this winter.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard good about WKM and Mad Motorsports. Don't think you can go wrong with either.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
WKM is the Evolution Powersports distributor for Western Canada, and Evo is the only company that builds and tunes mountain specific 1100 turbo kits. To make over 250hp consistently at elevation requires a bigger turbo among other things. We have sold over 80 m1100 turbo kits and installed a lot of them. Don't be talked into reflashes and piggyback boxes if you want 250+ hp. Also ask if anyone at the shop actually rides an 1100 as their daily. That should tell you whether they are just slinging parts or actually know the 1100. We have 3 guys that ride 1100s in our shop as demos. I've built 3 for myself over the years (all 300+) and would be on one this year if I hadn't built a 7000 (YamiCat) to put an Evo turbo kit on. Love the 1100.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WKM is the Evolution Powersports distributor for Western Canada, and Evo is the only company that builds and tunes mountain specific 1100 turbo kits. To make over 250hp consistently at elevation requires a bigger turbo among other things. We have sold over 80 m1100 turbo kits and installed a lot of them. Don't be talked into reflashes and piggyback boxes if you want 250+ hp. Also ask if anyone at the shop actually rides an 1100 as their daily. That should tell you whether they are just slinging parts or actually know the 1100. We have 3 guys that ride 1100s in our shop as demos. I've built 3 for myself over the years (all 300+) and would be on one this year if I hadn't built a 7000 (YamiCat) to put an Evo turbo kit on. Love the 1100.

you sound a little biased to me

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Evo's stuff works, period. There are a lot of simple reflashes with high hp claims, but I haven't seen the claims prove themselves on the snow. The issue with the stock turbocharger is that it simply runs out of efficiency at higher boost levels, and charge temps increase. The ECU will then pull timing to protect the engine. So while you may see "240hp" on a reflash with a stock turbo, you won't see it for long, and certainly not at elevation. I've been running an Evo big chute kit since 2013 - the 1st year at 250hp on pump gas, now 280ish hp on 100LL. It is literally a turn key sled, and I don't have to piddle around with AFR's, etc. When I built mine, I built the sled to handle the additional power (engine mounts / TCL delete / C3 belt drive and heavier jackshaft, and built a heavy duty primary clutch (billet spider and cover), and I use a Team Tied secondary. I also added vented panels and turbo / header blankets to keep underhood temps down. I didn't NEED to do all of this, but the sled is still on the same belt after 1700 miles of mountain riding...
Also, suspension setup is CRITICAL on the 1100T. A few tweaks and adjustments make the difference between you riding the sled vs. it riding you. Properly setup, they don't feel much heavier then an 800, and you can go places you have no business being. Usually, my M800 with Linderman 925 stays in the trailer, and "Oprah" is the ride of choice - the fun factor is off the charts.
JustBoostIt has always been very helpful / knowledgeable when it comes to setup questions (I did all of the install work myself), and would return an email or call almost immediately.

Last edited:

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the chance to try my M1100T out Tuesday at Clemina with Jaws Performance mods and I'm very happy with it. ECM reflash, full exhaust, I also installed OSP engine snubber and Jackshaft support along with some clutching i installed. Definately a different animal then when it was stock. Was very pleased with how the sled worked. No issues and can't wait untill i get out on it again.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
you sound a little biased to me

On the hill performance always speaks for itself. I haven't had anyone that I re-flashed over another brand, or replaced a piggyback for, that had negative comments about Evo's performance. 100% people will post bad experiences, try to find an Evo one. Most common thing i hear is how the Evo hp rating must be too low. My reply is always the same....maybe your old flash was rated too high for mountain applications. People send me their ecus with Brand X flash in it to reflash because it just doesn't do what they expected. Most of the time if the parts guys didn't spout off about 260 hp reflashes for mountain guys their expectations wouldn't be so high. "But why can't I hang with my buddies 270 MCX kit on his Nitro?" Well because your reflash doesn't make 260 hp at 7000', it makes about 210-220. Does it make 260 hp...at sea level maybe, but as OneOldFart said, the stock turbo can't do that at elevation. Does any other company make an 1100 turbo kit that is mountain specific? Not that I have have seen and that's what it takes to make a consistent 240+ at elevation.

As for biased, well everyone is entitled to their opinion but if you can show me any dealer in Western Canada that has spend more time in the bowels of 1100s with bolt ons, reflashes, bigger turbo kits, and tcl deletes than us I'd be more than willing to debate that. There just isn't. That's not bragging, I know that for a fact. We get calls from other dealers all the time for 1100 advice. I'm not saying other performance brands are bad, I'm just saying Evo's 1100 flashes and parts are built for mountain guys. Hard to argue when their R&D is done in Colorado and their shop front door is 7000'.

Last edited:

m1000kingcat

Reaction score
Evo's stuff works, period. There are a lot of simple reflashes with high hp claims, but I haven't seen the claims prove themselves on the snow. The issue with the stock turbocharger is that it simply runs out of efficiency at higher boost levels, and charge temps increase. The ECU will then pull timing to protect the engine. So while you may see "240hp" on a reflash with a stock turbo, you won't see it for long, and certainly not at elevation. I've been running an Evo big chute kit since 2013 - the 1st year at 250hp on pump gas, now 280ish hp on 100LL. It is literally a turn key sled, and I don't have to piddle around with AFR's, etc. When I built mine, I built the sled to handle the additional power (engine mounts / TCL delete / C3 belt drive and heavier jackshaft, and built a heavy duty primary clutch (billet spider and cover), and I use a Team Tied secondary. I also added vented panels and turbo / header blankets to keep underhood temps down. I didn't NEED to do all of this, but the sled is still on the same belt after 1700 miles of mountain riding...
Also, suspension setup is CRITICAL on the 1100T. A few tweaks and adjustments make the difference between you riding the sled vs. it riding you. Properly setup, they don't feel much heavier then an 800, and you can go places you have no business being. Usually, my M800 with Linderman 925 stays in the trailer, and "Oprah" is the ride of choice - the fun factor is off the charts.
JustBoostIt has always been very helpful / knowledgeable when it comes to setup questions (I did all of the install work myself), and would return an email or call almost immediately.

So what adjustments do you recommend on the suspension?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what adjustments do you recommend on the suspension?
As you didn't mention what year of 1100 you have or your rider weight, I'll share my experience with you. Mine is a 2013 M1100T S/P ltd, and I weigh about 250 lbs geared up. I like a "light" front end, and could care less if the sled pushes in corners when trail riding or on hardpack - I tend to steer with my feet transferring weight on the boards. On the stock 2013 skid, I run the front skid mount in the lower forward hole, and the rear mount in the upper. I change out the front track shock spring for a 190 or 210 lb/in spring with 1 to 2" preload - the SnoPro 600 race sled uses this, and adjust rear shock preload to have 2-3" sag when I sit on it - this allows good weight transfer. 55 psi in the front fox floats, and throw the stock skis in the garbage. I use Polaris Grippers - they offer good float without steering heavy - the last thing the 4S needs is aggressive skis IMHO. Lastly, you will likely need a coupling block or some sort - Zbroz KISS coupler for example.
So before shelling out coin for a new spring, try increasing front spring preload to see if you prefer it - I'm guessing you'll find that it will feel lighter initially, but will tend to trench. You have to remember that every inch the spring is preloaded, you are essentially doubling the force applied to the front track arm, and risk coil bind if too tight. This is why I went to a heavier initial spring - I can run less preload, have no spring bind, and still have sufficient track pressure for traction. Cat's stock 115lb/in front spring is simply to light for the 4S, and maybe a bit light for the 800 - on the 800 I'd use 160-170 lb/in with less initial preload...
Since then, I have upgraded my skid to a Kmod with Raptor shocks for an even better ride, but changed the front track shock spring to a straight 200lb/in spring (custom made), and I run 1-1.5" preload.
Obviously, everyone is different in their likes / dislikes when it comes to ride and handling, and you will have to spend some time dialing in the sled to suit you - it took me 1/2 a season to get it to where I like it. Record your baseline settings and don't be scared to adjust one way or the other, take notes on how the sled feels with the new adjustments - you can always go back to the factory settings.
Lastly, custom valved shocks for your weight and riding style are worth their weight in gold. There's nothing wrong with Fox shocks, but the valve shim stack sucks. So sending them out to a reputable shop for a revalve will improve ride quality exponentially. (Be honest about your riding ability, as a Pro rider who spends most of his day jumping will have way different needs then you). Give as much information as possible for best results.

m1000kingcat

Reaction score
Tanks for The good and informative inputs!
I ride a 12'model xf High country for now, but the plan is to change over to 162" rails and belt. I weight about 216 lb geared up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom