Best Place In Calgary to buy an aftermarket Muffler for an XM (price)

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
I'm looking at picking up a can for my 2013 XM. Is there anywhere in Calgary that's selling them for less than $350?

Not too picky on brand, don't want it to be too loud, and prefer it to be light-weight, and $300 or less.

Also, according to the parts girl at Bow Cycle, if I buy it there, and they record me in their system as buying it, it may affect my engine warranty. Not sure if anyone else has heard that or not... seems ludicrous that they'd be selling it to me if it did, but I've heard some strange things from the south location before.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Shameless 'buy it from me for $' dealer sales pitches?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at picking up a can for my 2013 XM. Is there anywhere in Calgary that's selling them for less than $350?

Not too picky on brand, don't want it to be too loud, and prefer it to be light-weight, and $300 or less.

Also, according to the parts girl at Bow Cycle, if I buy it there, and they record me in their system as buying it, it may affect my engine warranty. Not sure if anyone else has heard that or not... seems ludicrous that they'd be selling it to me if it did, but I've heard some strange things from the south location before.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Shameless 'buy it from me for $' dealer sales pitches?
Yes its pretty sad when you go to the MBRP website and the can is $299 retail. Alot of dealers are guilty of highway robbery for sure.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Maybe try Kijiji out.

I did hear that BRP wouldn't warranty you if you ran an aftermarket can. Not sure how'd they'd track it though.

DragonCFI

Reaction score
Did you try 2koolperformance I know you have to wait for it in the mail but he usually has really good prices.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rec supply in Saskatoon, They have good prices on cans and in stock, SLP, SPI, MBRP, sno stuff, skinz. Found them to be 30-40 bucks cheaper than the doo stealership. I'm sure they would ship it out for you.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a thing cooker can from the sled shed in revy ... It works for elevation [ cause he sets it up cause he builds them in revy and tests there ]

some don't like the look of the welds ect .... Do u want function or looks ??? Plus u can see the welds and that means its got extra weld and will hold up better .... Pricing im not sure of and can check tomarrow when i ride revy ... Price to me don't matter but function does ..

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Don't buy ANYTHING at BowCycle, they are just out there to gouge their customers. Make the drive out to Cochrane for your dealer.
Take a look at GGB Exhaust. They are out of Ontario and have a Mountain can and Trail can. The mountain can is LOUD and the trail can is much quieter, but still has the nice tuned sound and weighs a lot less than that suitcase under the hood now. $320 for the trail can, and it'll ship to your door in days.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a thing cooker can from the sled shed in revy ... It works for elevation [ cause he sets it up cause he builds them in revy and tests there ]

some don't like the look of the welds ect .... Do u want function or looks ??? Plus u can see the welds and that means its got extra weld and will hold up better .... Pricing im not sure of and can check tomarrow when i ride revy ... Price to me don't matter but function does ..

They're $450.

Extra weld doesn't make it stronger when it's a fat bead sitting on top without pentration because the pieces likely weren't beveled. The welds aren't even the big deal to me it's the huge pie cuts instead of more smaller cuts or a mandrel bent pipe.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're $450.

Extra weld doesn't make it stronger when it's a fat bead sitting on top without pentration because the pieces likely weren't beveled. The welds aren't even the big deal to me it's the huge pie cuts instead of more smaller cuts or a mandrel bent pipe.

Ya that thing is a mess. Skidoo dealer here sells Mbrp race and trail for around 300$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

vpfuelman

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
you have to watch with the MBRP cans as they are now made overseas (china) and have the long probe tube and are not calibrated for the XM sleds ( they have a shorter exhaust probe ) with different programing than the XP . have heard lots of complaints on the XM about popping and back firing , or just not running right .

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
They're $450.

I just like the way they cook, period! You are correct about the price but one has to remember, that includes the double decker cooker. Lemon garlic shrimp for an appetizer and sliced strip loin with peppers and onions.......Mmmmmmmmmmmm

It is function over fashion for this ol' fart when it comes to having a hot/warm meal above 7000'

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Who the heck said they are made china.... Lol... Dumbest thing I have ever heard. Don't be putting false ideas in people's heads.

skidooscotty

Reaction score
I orderd my MBRP Race Can from Rocky Mountain Snowmobile, It took just over a week in the mail and was only $296
tax in. My sled is a 2012 Summit 800 E-tec. It sounds great but I have not had a chance to open it up yet, can't wait.

I my self will not spend one nickle at b** cycle, I find them rude and really don't know what there talking about plus when I took my sled in for some service they damaged the rear end of the sled so I had to wait for the new parts to come in.
The worst part of it all is the tried to hide the fact that they did the damage. when I asked for a deal on the service the service girl told me and I qoute" WE FIXED IT WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT" I think enough said. That' my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bow Cycle is a scam. Stop supporting these rip off artists! all of you! give your head a shake!!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 on the GGB can my xm runs greart with it got a nice sound and no codes, and like said they are made in Canada not china like the mbrp cans are! LOL! (That was for you T-Team)

Top Bottom