Best Place for remote car starters in edmonton

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the best place to get a remote car starter installed in the city. Where should I stay away from.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Auto temp on a 111th ave and about 158th street is good, they installed an alarm with started and cruise control in my ford van, been great especially on cold days!

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased 11 starters from Certified radio over the years, and at first the service was amazing! The last couple were really tough, and I haven't been back there since. I had my last one purcahsed and installed at Visions. Service was good and they did what they said. Cost was comparable to everyone else's.

Certified Radio

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy owns show time performance. Right by specialty sled. He is awesome and very knowledgable with better prices. He owns and does his own installs on all accesiories 780-433-7469. Greg

Last edited:

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to CATPRIDE (Tom) at St. Albert Tint! I've talked to him about installing one in my truck... When I get around to doing it, I'm definitely going to see him!

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk2

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack a thread, but has anyone heard good or bad about remote starters using smart phones? I like the concept, as I always have my phone, and don't want to carry another remote....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Not to hijack a thread, but has anyone heard good or bad about remote starters using smart phones? I like the concept, as I always have my phone, and don't want to carry another remote....

from what I understand, they carry a montly subscription fee, but I don't know what that fee is. The concept is definitely very cool, but depending on the costs it may not be worth while.... my last vehicle had a remote starter when I bought it, and I fought for an extra $500 on trade over a remote starter on my current one.... big mistake....

going forward all my vehicles will have them, I have also heard good things about adrenalin in Sherwood Park, and used to hear good things about FX Audio, but haven't heard anything about them in years.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from what I understand, they carry a montly subscription fee, but I don't know what that fee is. The concept is definitely very cool, but depending on the costs it may not be worth while.... my last vehicle had a remote starter when I bought it, and I fought for an extra $500 on trade over a remote starter on my current one.... big mistake....

going forward all my vehicles will have them, I have also heard good things about adrenalin in Sherwood Park, and used to hear good things about FX Audio, but haven't heard anything about them in years.

Thanks Tyler. I'll see if I can find any hidden fees.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Lookin' at the smart phone option for my 2011 dodge diesel....... It has the factory remote, but the range isn't great, so with the iphone capability you can start it from anywhere in the world(almost).......

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Lookin' at the smart phone option for my 2011 dodge diesel....... It has the factory remote, but the range isn't great, so with the iphone capability you can start it from anywhere in the world(almost).......

let us know what you find out Ric.....

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

The truck will be traded off before you know how to work it....you not the most geeky guy Ric....lol

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's what I'm thinking. My 2012 doesn't have remote start, and the dealer keeps trying to tell me that the stock one is the best way to go. I beg to differ.

vegamark

Reaction score
Don't get one at jbs power centre, mine never did work right have had lots done at auto temp and certified radio, I always get a 2 way and alarm , compustar and Titan are good, have Titans in our 2012 Honda civic and 2011 dodge diesel and have had no problems

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the info, think I'll try Certified Radio or FX Audio ...... those sound like the favorites.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave at FX Audio in Spruce Grove has done a bunch for me. Also Ultimate Car Connections on Argyll Rd.

Top Bottom