Best chip

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was looking for information on the best chip for a 6.6l duramax , seen a thread on the fords but wasn't sure if the same programmers worked the same on the Chevys. I have a 2011 6.6 l chevy and live in St albert. Thanks in advance

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have one myself yet, but i'm looking into it and PPE sounds like they work well with the duramax.

nytro mtx

Reaction score
Ive got a 2007 D Max and had a edge Juice with the attitude since the day I bought it.
Haven"t had any problems with it but heard that the bully dog is good also.
Hope this helps.

NAPD would be the ones to call.

780 456 4498 I think is the #.

Dwayne
Was looking for information on the best chip for a 6.6l duramax , seen a thread on the fords but wasn't sure if the same programmers worked the same on the Chevys. I have a 2011 6.6 l chevy and live in St albert. Thanks in advance

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to napd today but closed I'll check it out on Monday....thks appreciate it

Last edited:

Chiebert

Reaction score
I have EFI live tuned in my truck from a guy in edmonton. From everything i read on the duramax forums and everywhere i looked it is supped to be the best way to go. I love it. I havent had an issue. Mitch cooper did mine and reprogramed the transmission and built me a smoke mode/ turbo brake mode ( for hauling) / stock / and a power mode ( i usually just leave in on this because it gets the best mileage) i have 37" tires and my truck has power for days. I would highly recommend it. Mitch lives in edmonton as well.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have EFI live tuned in my truck from a guy in edmonton. From everything i read on the duramax forums and everywhere i looked it is supped to be the best way to go. I love it. I havent had an issue. Mitch cooper did mine and reprogramed the transmission and built me a smoke mode/ turbo brake mode ( for hauling) / stock / and a power mode ( i usually just leave in on this because it gets the best mileage) i have 37" tires and my truck has power for days. I would highly recommend it. Mitch lives in edmonton as well.
Hey chiebert does mitch have a shop or just out of personal garage?Oh and I like your signature....

Chiebert

Reaction score
I am not too sure. He has a website. It is xtremefxtuning.com. He did mine up a little over a year ago and met me on the south end of leduc because i live in red deer. So we just did it in the parking lot by petro canada. Last time i talked to him he was still in school for a mechanical engineering degree i believe. But he might be done now? If you would like i could find u his # or u can check out his website.

Like i said i am very happy with mine.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got an 08 Duramax with the Edge Race Evo and never had any issues with it! It comes with the display screen so you can monitor your EGT,trans temp,boost,etc. It also displays any codes that may come up. The only thing I wish it could do is shift the level's on the fly but i guess you can't have the best of both worlds.
And its DPF delete friendly

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only option for a 2011 is H&S.
Been looking at these on eBay but whoa expensive....found some bully dog triple dogs with dash mount pod for 1/2 the price, but could it be one of those you get what you pay for?

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got an 08 Duramax with the Edge Race Evo and never had any issues with it! It comes with the display screen so you can monitor your EGT,trans temp,boost,etc. It also displays any codes that may come up. The only thing I wish it could do is shift the level's on the fly but i guess you can't have the best of both worlds.And its DPF delete friendly
Had the edge in my old 07 Sierra, found it didn't do much but prob just because it was a gas job...did like the dash mount readouts...would like to see turbo readouts on my 2011

Chiebert

Reaction score
I am guessing fuel economy? Egr deletes and prv reroutes r a must for these new diesels. The intakes get all full of oil and soot. And lots of people have had trouble with their dpf's as well. Next year is urea injection right? Or is that already on the 11's? I think it might be actually...

markaug

Reaction score
One of the big reasons for deleting all the emission components is to be able to allow vehicle to idle for extended periods. Already spoke with oil field personnel and welders considering gas vehicles for this reason. What do you do when working in a remote region at temps. in the -30 to -40 range?

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am guessing fuel economy? Egr deletes and prv reroutes r a must for these new diesels. The intakes get all full of oil and soot. And lots of people have had trouble with their dpf's as well. Next year is urea injection right? Or is that already on the 11's? I think it might be actually...
Yes it's got the urea on the 11 and yes for fuel economy....but may wait awhile just want to make sure I know what I'm looking for when ready got 3 years bumper to bumper so not sure when the appropriate time is to pull the trigger...play it by ear I guess

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it all depends what you wanna do with your duramax! if you just want a simple plug in chip set the power and go then go either edge evolution w/cs or cts gauge, the diablsport predator w/trinity or hard gauges, ppe is good but max power on a stock tranny is on the level 4 of 7 setting wich is rougly 120 hp. but if you want a chip that is updateable and built around the mods of your truck and by far the best programmer on the market then go efi live or H&S both make you custom tunes that are speciffacly tailored to your truck not just a generic tune

Chiebert

Reaction score
Jared knows his chit. I would go with what he says. Efi can b a lot of tweaking. But if u have someone who knows what theyre doing then it should be relatively painless.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
order up a pre tuned ecm for stock turbo stock trans from someone like duramaxtuner.com or rob codden or someone like the gentlemen named out of alberta then if u eventually feel like getting the itch to add more goodies they tune a new ecm for you. efi live can be tuned to however you like it!!! if u want a turbo brake on your light or heavy tow tune then they build u a turbo brake,if u want smoke they build u smoke they can do anything with efi live. Edge is great as well! I know rob story from edge products and have been to there shops in ogden utah they know what there doing.

But with efi live u can get either a dsp 2 switch with 2 of your pre tuned settings or what I have and hget a 5 stage one with preloaded tunes and they all work well by far the best programmer I have ever had for the dmax and ive had them all.

Top Bottom