Best 4 place encolosed?

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dudes im thinking of buying a 4 place aluminum enclosed trailer i just wanted to know which is the top of the line? what options you cant go with out, does insulated really pay off, 7 feet or 8.5
cheers boys

Last edited:

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8.5 wide for sure, either Featherlite or Charmac for aluminum.

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you heard of stealth predator before im looking at one on the net and they dont seem to bad

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Def go with 8.5' I bought a Triton Pretty happy with it, Go with insulated and I would never go without heat now that I have had it.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
x2 on insulated .... got the Charmac really happy with the quality of the trailer.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is a vendor on here that some have dealt with and are happy with his product and service. It's a start :beer:

X2. I got a Legend Trailmaster 7 x 27 from Ron last spring and I'm very happy with it. Legend also has a 8.5 low boy. Ron is great to deal with too. He will have some trailers at the sled show in Edmonton.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had 2 tritons now love them... The one I have know I ordered it with all the goodies, for camping, sledding and quadding. Tonnes of options to choose from. Plus they are light, I almost cant even feel it behind the chevy. will have to get some pictures of the inside.

Attachments

• DSC02276.jpg
    DSC02276.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 313

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats a pretty sick all round unit whats the price of a triton usually worth? ive looked at a few royals and they are a little heavier trailer but seem really well built does anyone have any comments or stories about them?

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 2 rance aluminum enclosed trailers and love them. They've been great and tow like a dream. Insulated with heat is def a perk. Get a pull out step over the bar, much better. 8.5' wide is a must. center your door on one side then fuel door(s) on other. fuel doors on driver side usually work good so u can fuel the truck and the sleds at the same time.

If u can get one, Beavertails are good so you dont destroy your door edge with carbides. Use superglides on your doors for direction and traction. We put 4-6" of diamondplate around the edges, stops u from bashing up the walls with tires or skis, undersling the propane tank, and as to whether an angled down nose is good or not, i havent decided personally. one of our trailers has it, one doesnt. im always concerned with bashing my head loading throu the front door, but it has yet to happen! FINGERS CROSSED lol

happy shopping :)

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 2 rance aluminum enclosed trailers and love them. They've been great and tow like a dream. Insulated with heat is def a perk. Get a pull out step over the bar, much better. 8.5' wide is a must. center your door on one side then fuel door(s) on other. fuel doors on driver side usually work good so u can fuel the truck and the sleds at the same time.

If u can get one, Beavertails are good so you dont destroy your door edge with carbides. Use superglides on your doors for direction and traction. We put 4-6" of diamondplate around the edges, stops u from bashing up the walls with tires or skis, undersling the propane tank, and as to whether an angled down nose is good or not, i havent decided personally. one of our trailers has it, one doesnt. im always concerned with bashing my head loading throu the front door, but it has yet to happen! FINGERS CROSSED lol

happy shopping :)
what is the weight of one of them trailers i know a royal runs around 4400lbs

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 26' (total length) rance with heater and propane tank and cabinets, no toys, is approx 2600lb, maybe a little less.
The 23' (total length) rance with heater and propane tank and cabinets, no toys, is approx 2300lb, maybe a little less.
The difference is that the royal is a steel frame trailer and the Rance is an aluminum frame trailer.

Top Bottom