bearing install for big wheel kit ?

catm1000

Reaction score
hey guys, im installing a 2 wheel kit on my 07 m1000 and im having a hell of a time getting the new bearings into the big wheels ? any suggestions

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys, im installing a 2 wheel kit on my 07 m1000 and im having a hell of a time getting the new bearings into the big wheels ? any suggestions

put tome grease on the outside of them and lay plush to the wheel. take a 2 by 4 and a hammer and tap it in.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put the bearing in the freezer for half hour or so. it will shrink it a little and make it slide in easier.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used a press at work to do mine. At home you could use a socket on one side of the wheel and another on the bearing. Use a long bolt and nut through both sockets.

catm1000

Reaction score
thanks guys, my bearings have been inside my deepfreeze for well over an hour ans they still are not going in and with force. Ill try the 2x4 trick and well see what happens...thanks guys:beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need to freeze the bearings and take a heat gun to the bearing race on the wheel itself. one or 2 blows with a big fawking rubber mallet and it will go in no problem.

aluminum expands alot. needs to be heated.

im just assuming you have biillets

Top Bottom