Bearberry West of Sundre approx 15-20kms to the staging area.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this info surfing the site. Can anyone tell me what the area is like? How big is it compared to Catarac. Where can you buy a pass. Is the pass a single use pass or all year? Map of the area?
Any info would be great.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gonna need more info i'm thinkin. big area west of bearberry.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We used to ride there after college, went to Olds, it was pretty good riding missed riding down there. When you come to the bridge it turns to gravel, right before that bridge at the bottom of the Hill there is a stagin area on your right, can camp there too. We never had a map, we just crossed the bridge with our quads and took off in to the bush. A little bit of everthing, pretty good riding! Just watch out for the crazy guy at the top of the hill before the staging area, he chased my buddy yelling "I shoost your Ass"!!! I heard later that he doesn't like all the ATV's in the area.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya he pluged the roads by the bridge and made road deactivators.

He's a azzhat

sent from my htc

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So stay away from the area?? I was reading the trails were groomed by the Olds snowmobile club, or was this a very long time ago.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TTT
No one responding..... might be a GREAT area to ride in..... no one will be there :)

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TTT
No one responding..... might be a GREAT area to ride in..... no one will be there :)

I know where the snowmobile trail crosses Burntstick Lake road and have seen guys unloading there. If you go to Bearberry turn north just before the saloon and go up the hill for about 1km where you will hit a stop sign at the Burntstick Lake Road. Turn west (left) and keep going down the big hill and across the bridge. At this point the road will turn to gravel. After driving about 5 km on gravel you will see a road going left called Powerline Road (look for power line crossing the road), but don't turn down it and keep going straight. About 1 km past Powerline Road the road will make a sharp right hand turn to the north. The trail should cross the road right there and you can go either way. I have never been on it with a sled so I don't know how well it's maintained, but they do have signs up. Depending on how much snow there is you have to be careful for rocks and stumps.

snowho

Reaction score
I have a leased camp site about ten k after the James River bridge at Burntstick Lake. Not too sure about the staging area,we stage right a t the camp. I think it is closer to the bearberry bar which is the left turn before you go down to the James River bridge.I do know that there a gravel pit at the top of the hill after the bridge that people stage at. Ridden quads and sleds in the area and had lots of fun mostly trail but some steeper hills on the pipeline and what they call pole line/rig road. Need snow of coarse which has been shallow the last few years but if you go right after a good old dump you can have a blast.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trails are great riding as long as they get snow. We have rode the area lots and still find new places to go. The Olds Snowmobile looks after the trails.
Last year the snow was not great in this area, so hoepfully this year it will be lots....

BalzacBoyzRacing

Reaction score
Yes this area is maintianed by the Olds Snowmobile Club and is for sleds only.It is a great place to sled and trails are great, we need more areas like this, only thing not a very accurate map.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highfly.... Also to mention and u may already know this.. But there is the Caroline Snowmobile Club Staging Area west on 54 past end of pavement 6 km +/- on the left.. As this can also be a great spot for family, of course if snow is good... Anyways have fun this winter. Lowlife being from Sundre I'm sure can also hook u up with the Bearberry details.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
highfly i live in didsbury and go out to sundre when they have snow i will get in contact with you if you want and we can go out together you can ride from where we unload to caroline staging area

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kibbels! I really don't know many areas so that helps!

highfly i live in didsbury and go out to sundre when they have snow i will get in contact with you if you want and we can go out together you can ride from where we unload to caroline staging area

I will take you up on that offer!!! :cool:
Now we need snow! :beer:

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was working out in bearberry today and they got close to a foot of snow ... may be more the farther in the hills you go

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going to need a base or u will find some damage to your sled.

Top Bottom