be careful this weekend

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
avalanche conditions are High everywhere. Could be extreme in some areas if snowfall greater than expected.

This is a good weekend for some trail riding. At the very least, let common sense be your guide.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just about to post this. Might be a good weekend to stay home, for those of you who travel real far to ride.

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good advice Mike. Was down at Atlas yesterday as we were hoping visibility would be better. Got super stuck in the trees by window and didn't get back to the truck until 6:30. I'll post some pics up on the Atlas thread when I drag my sore butt out of bed.

Play safe this weekend everyone!

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
avalanche conditions are High everywhere. Could be extreme in some areas if snowfall greater than expected.

This is a good weekend for some trail riding. At the very least, let common sense be your guide.

I wouldn't touch Golden or Revy this weekend. There could be some big natural slides this weekend running their full paths. So even safeish areas might be dangerous. It is a very good weekend to stay home, drink beer, and fix up the sled.

It is very warm here in the East Kootenays and it just feels slidey right now.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Hey man....this is in your signature line and I just noticed it......
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that, often times, they are wrongfully believed to be true" - Abraham Lincoln

What in the heck did Abe know about the Internet??? just asking.....:beer::beer:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
attention albertains!!! I wouldn't touch golden or revy this weekend. There could be some big natural slides this weekend running their full paths. So even safeish areas might be dangerous. It is a very good weekend to stay home, drink beer, and fix up the sled.

It is very warm here in the east kootenays and it just feels slidey right now.

fixed it for ya.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Came back from Calgary last night and it was raining all the way up to 4300' and above. The snow this morning is very heavy, laden with water.

It is going to be wicked for a day or two.....play safe, fs

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this weekend is a good time to hone in your tree and technical riding stay off the steep stuff and please avoid terrain traps. going for a ride on sunday up lumberton gonna stay off the big stuff

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: be careful this weekend
Originally Posted by powderhoundbrr
attention albertains!!! I wouldn't touch golden or revy this weekend. There could be some big natural slides this weekend running their full paths. So even safeish areas might be dangerous. It is a very good weekend to stay home, drink beer, and fix up the sled.

It is very warm here in the east kootenays and it just feels slidey right now.
fixed it for ya.

What the heck is an albertain?:confused: Are they the smart cousins of bcins?:d

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good reason not to live in the mountains, im going ditch banging

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kootenay Pass was closed for a few hours today to clear Avy debris as well...

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it going to be an awesome day up there on the flats on top of the mountain.;)looking forward to sunday & monday.:d

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its as safe as you want it to be.

There are crossings, but if you heed caution, use your AST training to cross those areas one at a time, and just play responsibly, you should be ok.

For the people who think they have to stay home, good for you... I know the areas I ride and know of the safe areas. If you don't know of your safe areas, I am glad you're staying home. No need to read of you in the papers....

Top Bottom