Be careful it can happen to anyone.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A sad day for the Overkill 19 family. My brother in law who owns "Jersey city" Wayne. R is in Orlando at the Daytona races with 3 friends. He was leaning with one hand on his hotel balcony and somehow his hand slipped and he fell over. He was on the second floor. He landed on a chair and broke his C1, C2, and C3 vertebrae and his clavical, and has other possible spinal injuries as well. He was taken by air ambulance to the Orlando Regional trauma center. He has lost 75% mobility from his neck down. No movement in his legs but he can move his toes slightly. He has slight movement in his arms and hands but they are very weak. He is talking and knows where he is. They are doing surgery Saturday morning. If the surgery isn't done, he will never walk again. We don't know the prognosis of his surgery, but that it must be done. So to all please be careful out there sledding, this is a freak thing but sure opened my eyes to how easy it can happen to anyone.

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that about your brother-in-law. In two seconds ones life changes. My thoughts and prayers for you, brother-in-law and your family.

I'm with you on our sledders being careful out there, Just this week the three sledders who fell through the ice in Baysville/Huntsville, Ontario, was close to home also, very small town I go to and a great loss for everyone, they will be missed.

Last edited:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Not a good thing to be hearing about :( .... Hoping everything works out. Stay positive & hope for the best after surgery, The docs can do some amazing work in this day ! :)

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best of wishes and prayers go out to you and the rest of the Overkill 19 family. Hopefully the doctors are wrong about him never being able to walk again and a speedy recovery.

GRD

Reaction score
Sad story.... Hope things improve...

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My heart goes out to Overkill19's family at this trying time, hope your brother has a speedy and full recovery!!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Godspeed to him and his family, I know first hand what it's like to live with spine and back/neck pain due to fully herniated discs. Everyday is pain and some days crippling. Hope he pulls through with full recovery. I don't wish this pain on my worst enemies.

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Family and I wish your brother in law a safe and speedy and complete,
recovery, he is in our prayers.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable, 1 week later after major surgery and breaking his neck in 5 places, 2 ribs and his collar bone. He WALKED, only 30 feet but for some one that wasn't supposed to this was huge, he also managed to take his own glasses of yesterday, again this was a huge deal. His fine motor skills are coming around slowly. He has a long road ahead but alive and moving. Thanks to all of you well wishers, it obviously helped.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that things are coming around... I wis hall the best that are involved in the situation... It's always good to hear a story that starts out so traumatic like that to start having a good ending.. Even though it will be a long road ahead.. A speedy recovery...

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Overkill how's your brother in law doing, is he at home now or still in the hospital? Glad to hear he walked and that his motor skills are coming around.

Top Bottom