bdx intake

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard that the bdx cold air intake kit reduces or even completely gets rid of low end bog in the m1000. I think I'm going to buy one but I'd just like to hear what your opinions on it are and just pros and cons of it. Thanks

aklankford

Reaction score
I can't speak for the M1000 but I'm running one on my 08 M8 and i love it. I was skeptical on the fabric vents in the front nose cone area because of sticks and stuff like that but they've last two seasons and about to see a third. It dropped like 8-9 pounds off the front so you cant complain there and it gave me better throttle response.

I am in Alaska at sea level and don't need a fuel controller so keep that in mind.

Hope that helps!

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran one on mine before I turboed it. It was junk wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Worked good until you got deep snow, when your coming down a hill and you start pushin snow with your bumper it competely blocks off the air flow. Then you hit the throttle to turn around or do anything and it just bogs and stalls out. Then have to get off and dig the snow out
Of the intake.

Sent from my iPhone using

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha I love mixed reviews lol but thanks for your input! Is there any other intakes you would recomemd that are better? Like maybe the simple slp highflow intake?

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep the stock intake ! Add flowrites and a larger air horn if anything

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I do run 87 even though many people say run 91 but there is no need for a low compression engine. As for the intake do you have this setup? Does it work good? That's why I'm looking at the slp intake it increases horn size and basically keeps the stock air box.

mustard73

Reaction score
What year M1000? I know a guy that ran the black boxx on an 07 and again on an 09. The 07 loved it, the 09 bogged. He also had full SLP exhaust on both machines. Boondocker on the 07 and PCV on the 09.

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year M1000? I know a guy that ran the black boxx on an 07 and again on an 09. The 07 loved it, the 09 bogged. He also had full SLP exhaust on both machines. Boondocker on the 07 and PCV on the 09.

Mine is an 09 and yeah I'm reading up more and it seems to have bad reviews on the 09 models.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I had a NA sled I ran the BDX airbox and liked it.You have to seal up your front bumper with silicone or you will vacuum snow till the front bumper is full and it will choke.This airbox never did clear up the bog till I added a Speedwerx tunnel dump can.That was the biggest improvement or fix.

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clean your power valves check your cables, mine that the bog until I replace the one on the pto side, I have also removed stock intake and drilled a ton of holes on the underside of the hood and under the dash. I covered them with frog skins and drilled more holes in the dash this year, last year in the pow it would choke down when the hood was covered occasionally. I need to test yet but if it still chokes when the hood is covered I have a tunnel dump can to put on and try, but I have heard it can ice up the the rails more. Other wise love my 1000 it has been flawless and only cost me 1 blown belt in just under 3000 miles

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I plan on drilling holes in my air box as soon as I can find somewhere that sells frog skin vents. Also gonna check belt deflection today if I get the chance.

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clean your power valves check your cables, mine that the bog until I replace the one on the pto side, I have also removed stock intake and drilled a ton of holes on the underside of the hood and under the dash. I covered them with frog skins and drilled more holes in the dash this year, last year in the pow it would choke down when the hood was covered occasionally. I need to test yet but if it still chokes when the hood is covered I have a tunnel dump can to put on and try, but I have heard it can ice up the the rails more. Other wise love my 1000 it has been flawless and only cost me 1 blown belt in just under 3000 miles
Its a low end bog so I dont think that would be power valves right? I have cleaned them but how do I check the cables?

Top Bottom