Barbecue Season(Show me your Supper)

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Did you ever get your BBQ figured out with Napoleon?
Don't want to derail this thread, but not really. The side burner and rotisserie burner work awesome, still having issues with the main ones. Napoleon is sending me a different mainfold just been waiting for it to show up.

Back to bbq pics

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tis the season. Cold smoke old chedder, butter and kosher salt.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same idea. Butter not as long. It's excellent on potatoes or whatever. I'm not a seafood dipped in butter person but I dipped my lobster in it a couple years ago. Game changer. The salt, it's good on anything.

The salt I just put on paper plates and shake it up every hour or so. Butter, I unwrap it, cut it into smaller chunks or sometimes I use the smaller sticks. When a couple hours is up, I take them off and wrap them up in their wrappers again

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been wondering about doing some cheese. I assume you can only cold smoke it? There must be some kind of temp to burn pellets tho?

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
min 150degrees on my green mountain
we ground up few lbs of garlic in a food processor and smoked it to dry it out and later mixed with coarse salt from saltsprings island
took about 6hrs on smoker to get dry enough for salt mixture and in to a pepper grinder
everyone really likes it so far

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20231212_155501.jpg

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been wondering about doing some cheese. I assume you can only cold smoke it? There must be some kind of temp to burn pellets tho?
Yeah you cold smoke once it gets cooler out. That way the heat from the pellets in the smoke tube don't melt the cheese or butter.

Buy the tube off of Amazon and then you can use anything to cold smoke. Your pellet grill, your bbq, a beer box, a tote. As long as some air can get in and smoke and get out, you're good

I have seen people buy heavy cream, smoke it with their pellet grill or offset and then churn it into butter bit thst is more work haha.

Smoked cheese is awesome though

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah you cold smoke once it gets cooler out. That way the heat from the pellets in the smoke tube don't melt the cheese or butter.

Buy the tube off of Amazon and then you can use anything to cold smoke. Your pellet grill, your bbq, a beer box, a tote. As long as some air can get in and smoke and get out, you're good

I have seen people buy heavy cream, smoke it with their pellet grill or offset and then churn it into butter bit thst is more work haha.

Smoked cheese is awesome though
I was going to get another lump coal BBQ so i can vent cold smoke into my BGE

Attachments

• bge.jpg
    bge.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 49

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chicken was barbecued but rest was fried or baked in olive oil. Honey Mustard chicken, (bacon, carmelized onions , mozzarella cheese with honey mustard sauce on the top) baked brussel sprouts, baked green and red peppers in olive oil with fried potatoes. About all I can cook myself lol. IMG_5726.jpeg

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a couple chunks of moose back strap the other night and totally forgot to take pictures.

That roast looks delicious

Top Bottom